Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM Unstabilities Leading to Crashes

Hey,
    I have recently built a new computer and I have been running into a lot of Kernal-Power BSOD's (The BSOD does not actually appear when the crash happens usually the screen will go all screwy or just black and then the comp will restart). The specs are as follows:

MOBO: M4A79XTD EVO
    PSU: 750W TP (cable management)
    CPU: Phenom II 3.2gzh x4
    GPU: ASUS HD Radeon 5770
    RAM: 6 GB (3x2GBKit) G.Skill DDR3 1600mzh speed http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=110 ( Link to exact RAM I have on the GSKILL Website)
    HDD: 500GB Sata II \ 3.0gb /s

The error in the event viewer says:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Code:
     System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 
       [ Guid]  {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} 

EventID 41 

Version 2 

Level 1 

Task 63 

Opcode 0 

Keywords 0x8000000000000002 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2010-04-28T18:42:15.760023200Z 

EventRecordID 4476 

Correlation 

- Execution 

[ ProcessID]  4 
       [ ThreadID]  8 

Channel System 

Computer Randy-PC 

- Security 

[ UserID]  S-1-5-18 

- EventData 

BugcheckCode 0 
      BugcheckParameter1 0x0 
      BugcheckParameter2 0x0 
      BugcheckParameter3 0x0 
      BugcheckParameter4 0x0 
      SleepInProgress false 
      PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    I have googled the issue, and I am lead to believe that this issue is something to do with windows 7 putting stress on the north bridge or memory. So I'm pretty sure it is a RAM Issue, the crash sometimes won't happen at all, all day or sometimes it will happen frequently. (within 5-10 mins too an hour after the last crash)

I have tried Flashing the BIOS, and removing sticks, trying it on 2GB, 4GB or whatever switching up the sticks.

I even checked the memory before I bought it and it IS on the MOBO's Qaulified vendors list, the exact same 3kit with the exact model no. I am almost stumped on my issue and it is getting rather annoying.

I have also tried screwing around with the voltages and Timings etc... and can't seem to get a happy medium. Sometimes when playing with these settings in BIOS it will temporarily "stabilize" it and I wont crash at all for the rest of the day but usually in a few hours or the next day I will crash again.

Please help.

Thanks.

Bump! Really need to figure out if I need to change timings, voltage/tweak settings or if the RAM is simply just not compatible before my product is non refundable. X_X

Comment

Use two modules and everything should be fine. It is because you are using three modules. You need to increase the NB Voltage if you use that third module.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried switching to 2 modules and I just got another crash today from the same error. Both DIMM's are installed on the blue sockets too.

Comment

Try testing each module with the proper settings to insure none are defective.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X