X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD with Gskill DDR3 1600 memory

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair III formula
    Cpu: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHZ
    Memory: Gskill DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 2GB dimms (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ)

I have a total of 8GB of memory, with the timings and voltage manually set to 9-9-9-24 and 1.5 volts respectively. My issue is that windows 7 x64 will blue screen randomly when starting up. Then if I reset the bios to default, windows will start up perfectly fine. However, there is a short period of time that windows 7 will not crash if I manually set the memory to Gskill's specifications. There after a couple of days, windows 7 blue screens and will not start up properly until the bios is reset to default. My computer is not overclocked in any manner. Additionally, I have not experienced a blue screen if the computer is up and running and has not been turned off, but the blue screen only occurs when windows 7 is loading up.

More info: The memory has been tested with windows 7 memory diagnostic test with 6 passes active, and the test passed.

My power supply is rated 750 watts, so I don't think any thing is underpowered.

Thank You

Try two modules at a time to see if you can isolate the problem to one set.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

ok, I will give it a try!!! I will let you know what happens.

Thanks

Comment

Does your bios say they are XMP when you look at your ram? I am having problems with a set that is XMP based.

Comment

Working...
        X