Bad stick of ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad stick of ram?

I have a new build (see signature for details) with problems that seem to be ram related. I had a heck of a time installing Win 7-64 until I used only one stick during windows installation. After windows was loaded I installed the second ram stick was getting random BSODs with proc at stock speed and ram at 1333 MHz @ 9-9-9-24. Prime 95 failed almost immediately. I ran Memtest86+ v4, and had lots of errors on tests 5 and 7. Took out one stick, and memtest results were good. Replace with the second stick, numerous errors on tests 5 and 7. I continued running memtest jacking up dram volts after each failed run. I stopped testing when I got up to 1.65V and still had errors.

I Replaced suspect ram stick with the one that tested OK. Ran Prime 95 for 8 hours with no issues.

I think one of my 2G sticks of the dual channel F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD ram kit is bad. I am not aware of any other BIOS tweeks to resolve the memtest failures. Is there anything else I can do before I RMA the bad stick?

And if I do RMA the memory, I hope I only have to return the bad stick for replacement.
    MSI P55-GD65
    i5-750 w/COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
    F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD
    HIS H467PS1GH Radeon HD 4670 iSilence4
    OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V
    Antec Sonata Elite Case
    .5T Seagate SATA
    MSI SATA DVD R/W

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Simply send back that one defective module for a new replacement and the new module should work just fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Resolved!

I got my replacement ram, it memtested OK and everything is working correctly!

Thanks for the quick service.
      MSI P55-GD65
      i5-750 w/COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
      F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD
      HIS H467PS1GH Radeon HD 4670 iSilence4
      OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V
      Antec Sonata Elite Case
      .5T Seagate SATA
      MSI SATA DVD R/W

Comment

Glad to hear. Enjoy!

Thank you