Pi F3-128000CL7T2-12GB and Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pi F3-128000CL7T2-12GB and Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

There is a problem with reaching XMP setting : 7-8-7-24 2T,1.5V, 1.175V Q/VTT.
    It works well with 7-8-7-24 1T and 1333 at those voltage settings but that is not the reason I bought it.
    How to make it work? It doesn't post at default XMP. Increasing voltages doesn't help either -at least not by 2 step increment of voltage accordingly to motherboard bios voltage stepping.How much do I need to increase voltage to make it stable at those timings for all 6 memory banks?
    Last edited by krushyn; 04-19-2010, 02:24 PM.

...still waiting

.... still waiting....
    any suggestions?

Comment

Enable XMP, then simply set QPI/DRAM Voltage to 1.50V.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

.... not working

Increasing QPI/VTT from 1.175 to 1.5 causes that my PC do not want even start. Resets itself constantly every few seconds. I do not want to burn anything out. I kept DDR on 1.5.Changes to DDR voltage do not do anything . I noticed that changing QPI/VTT from 1.175 to 1.35 gives same result: do not want to post BIOS but anything above 1.35 for QPI/VTT causes described above auto reset mode.Everything set in XMP mode.
        Memory works perfectly as 7-8-7 20 1T at 1333MHz and standard voltage settings. Taking on account that my mobo is listed as supporting Your memory kit I am puzzled. Are You sure that your kit work as as 12GB/6 banks on this motherboard at advertised 1600MHz?
        Should I return this memory and by other brand ? I hate situations like this......

Comment

Post up pictures of the BIOS and I can see if anything is set incorrectly. You can also try testing each memory module invidually to insure none are defective. Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Solved! BIOS update from F4 to F5

Apparently there was an update to the BIOS which wasn't shown in update software. After quick web search I found upgrade from F4 I had to F5 with enhanced memory capabilities. After quick BIOS update and one restart original XMP works like charm.
            Thanks Support Team

Comment

Score! Glad to hear everything works just fine now.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X