Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6GB Triple Channel Same as 4GB Dual Channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6GB Triple Channel Same as 4GB Dual Channel?

I'm back into the computer building after being gone for awhile and I recently purchased parts on Newegg to build my own computer which consisted of the following parts (most noteworthy parts):

ASUS M4A78T-E
    AMD Athlon 965 Black Edition
    XFX ATI Radeon 5850
    G.Skill 6 GB Triple Channel Kit - F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

The problems I was having was with the RAM. I was having random BSOD and I was trying to find the problem. It turns out my motherboard is Dual Channel so I couldn't install the RAM in 3 of the slots. I removed 1 one of the 2GB sticks and the problems went away. My question is this:

Even though I bought the Triple Channel kit (F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ) can I buy just one stick of 2GB RAM and run it dual channel? Also, is the 4GB kit (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ) the same RAM, just 2 instead of 3? If they are identical RAM, worst case scenario I can buy a 4GB kit and have an extra stick.

Thank you for any help!

The memory is the same, so you will simply need to purchase one module directly from us to populate all 4 modules. Just as a precaution, it will require some BIOS tweaks to operate 8GB at DDR3-1600.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Seems like my BSOD cold boot problems are back. It might be a couple sticks of RAM that are bad. One seems to be stable. Should I RMA the other 2 or should I send all 3 back? I've heard this is a common problem with this RAM.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

If you can, simply send all three back for new replacements. The new set should work just fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X