Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH with Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H

Good morning,

i have some problems here getting a Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H (rev 1.0) with the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (C3) running with 2 kits of F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (that is 4 x 2 GB of RAM). Bios version of the board is the latest available one: F6

The system (Windows 7 home premium 64 bit installed) does not boot up properly (only) when i switch the computer on the first time in the morning. Either i will get various blue screens or the computer just restarts again. If i am really lucky the file system then is not corrupted and windows will come up properly. The system then looks alright, everything is fine and i don't experience any errors or problems in windows. I can also switch off the mains power switch, have a cup of coffee, and switch back on again after a while and the sysetm is still fine.

Only if i wait until the next morning, then i will see the blue screens etc again. This is, to be honest, really annoying.

I think i tried everything:

For the first tests i didn't change too much and used all the "Auto" settings in the mainboard's bios (That was 1333 MHz, 9-9-9-24 or something like that).
    The results is: First start in the morning: Fails - Then, after several reboots: everything ok.

Then i have changed only the frequency setting to 1066.
    No changes!

I have then changed the timing settings of the memory to the recommended 7-7-7-21, with 1333 MHz):
    No changes!

7-7-7-21 with 1066 Mhz:
    No changes!

I also changed the voltage settings from auto to manual, but didn't RAM voltages.
    Before and after they looked ok:
    DDR3 1,5 V is always at 1.6 volts, which i read in another forum should be normal and ok.
    (however, i cannot set it lower than 1.6 volts).

Well, i am a little bit stuck here and would like to hear a piece of advice from you guys.

I don't want to have the system powered up all the time.

Thanks in advance,

oermel

Test each kit seperately to see which is causing the instability. Simply send those in for new replacements and the new set should work just fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Good morning,

here is a short update...

I tested now each kit separately, and it was in fact only one kit which caused the errors.

I brought the set back to my dealer and they luckily gave me a new kit as a replacement.

I tested the new kit now for two days, together with the other (old) kit, and it looks like everything is ok now.

If anything changes, i may have to come back here

Thanks, oermel

Comment

Great, glad to hear everything is working just fine now.

Enjoy!

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X