Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH on x58 Triple Channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH on x58 Triple Channel?

Greetings all!

I made a slight miscalculation when I built my new machine... Asus P6X58D Premium, and I bought 8GB of F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH (4x2gb).

x58 supports triple channel RAM, and I am seeing conflicting things on the internets regarding if F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH is dual channel or triple channel. I figured DDR3, and since the notch is in the different place, it would work perfectly fine in triple channel. So far I haven't had any problems whatsoever in a triple channel setup with these and their XMP profile, but considering they only come in packs of 2, I was wondering if I'm getting lucky.

I even went so far as to buy some Dominators, thinking I originally bought the wrong stuff. However, I'm realizing that may have been a waste.

Thoughts? Am I good to go?

If that is stable, then yes, everything is just fine. You simply have an extra 2GB over a triple channel memory package.

FYI, you can further enhance your performance a tiny bit by reducing tRAS to 21 and Command Rate to 1T, should your system allow it.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for your reply!

I will adjust these settings and see what happens. I do have an extra 2 gigs leftover... so I might buy one more pack simply to fill up the 6 slots and feel "even". There's apparently a performance hit if you put more than one stick per channel, but I'm guessing it's not significant.

In the end, the specs of these sticks are quite better than the Dominator TR3X6G1600C8D, require lower voltage, and are less expensive. Seems like a solid product to me!

Comment

For 12GB, you will simply need to raise QPI/DRAM Voltage a tad bit to stabilize the memory controller. You should not have to downclock or adjust any other memory settings.

Although I work for G.Skill, bias aside, we do offer the highest quality memory modules at the lowest prices across the board. How we do it, I don't know, but we do. Not to mention we also offer lifetime warranty and good service/support. =)

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X