X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New motherboard, new problem...

Hi guys, maybe u remember me for this

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=4700

Since that, I've changed my mainboard and now the systems seems to work.

My new motherboard is an Asus M4A785T-M.

But I have a new problem. On Windows 7, i'm getting a lot of BSODs with errors about the RAM (page_fault, memory_management, etc...)

I've tried the Memory Diagnostics tool on Windows, and sometimes the RAM is fault and sometimes is not! It's completelly Random. For example now i'm working without problems, but if I turn off the computer when i turn on it again maybe i can get all the BSODs again.

So, do u know what can cause this problem? Maybe I should change some configs on the bios?

Thanks. The RAM and the CPU are the same of my old thread obviously:

Model of the memory: F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ
    Model of the CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 630 2.8 Ghz

Are you absolutely sure it's random. Or do you only get the BSOD after the computer is off for an extended period of time?

I ask that because if you search this forum you'll see lots of threads describing a "cold boot" issue. Something happens when the computer is off for awhile and settings within the memory are not retained like they should be.

I had that issue. I could run Windows Mem Diagnostic Tool and memtest for hours with no errors. Turn of the computer overnight and when I boot up the next morning, randomly BSODs began to occur. Sometimes memtest would pass with no errors, sometimes not. However, WMDT would always recognize a "hardware issue".

I'd have to literally pull the sticks out of the mobo and then put them back in to get the BSOD to go away.

GSkill Tech Support suggested RMAing the memory. I did. The problems are now gone.

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that these problems happen when I turn on the PC in the morning. So, yeah, I think we have the same problem.

If this is a real issue with these memories, I'm absolutely not satisfied by GSkill.

First time in my life I hear something like this.

So I think I should RMA the memories aswell. Im getting very unlucky with my new PC...First the mainboard, now the RAM....

Comment

My new build started 1/1/10.

First my first set fo RAM from GSkill wouldn't boot. RMA to Newegg. 8 days before I got new RAM back.

Then I boot but discover I have no audio. Bad audio ports on my MSI 785G-E65 mobo. Over six weeks before those jokers sent me a new board.

Then I have cold boot issues. Second RMA of GSkill RAM (this time directly to GSkill). It only took them a few days to get me new RAM and I'm having no problems. See my thread on giving them propse for the quick RMA.

But I am a little disappointed in GSkill that I had to RMA the memory TWICE. :-(

I think my computer now works properly. Now I can finally start using it! Think I'll reward myself with a new game.......

Best of luck to you!

Comment

Working...
        X