Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible bad memory stick? not sure, help appreciated

hello,

i have been having a issue and i am wondering if possibly i have a back stick of memory. I have been dealing with the BSoD A LOT lately. I have tried re-installing windows many times, reinstalling it with only 2gb of my 4gb memory plugged in and only the keyboard/mouse plugged it, even reinstalling it with windows ultimate, home premium and professional. No matter how i install, or how many times i install i get the same problems.

BSoD screens that i see the most are
    - quota_Underflow
    - Bad_Pool_Header
    there are a couple others but i cant recall them at the moment, so could this be a memory problem? if not what am i doing wrong or how can i tell? if you need any more information ill try my best to find it

My Computer stats
    Biostar TH55XE motherboard
    F12800cl9d-4gbnq memory
    EVGA 9800+ 512mb Graphics card
    500 watt Power supply
    intel i5 Clarkdale 650 3.2GHZ processor

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Try testing one module at a time to see if one is defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

hello again,

so i have reinstalled windows one last time, (7 professions x64), and i have updated everything i can, including bios. I guess i will wait to see what happens tomorrow morning when i start up. Generally the problems begin after the first night that its shut down.

Comment

well i had boot issues again. I booted up this morning and my first problem was "System_service_Exception" in BSoD, so i restarted from that and got "quota_underflow" BSoD. From there i shut down my computer, removed 2gb of my 4gb memory, booted up...and it worked fine.

i shutdown the computer again, put the memory back in and started up, and it still works. wtf is going on here? all i want is to be able to boot up once and my computer work.

Comment

One of the memory modules may not be initializing properly. Please send them in for new replacements and the new set should work just fine.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay, Thank you for the help with my problems, do i use the RMA request forum to send back my memory? also how long will it take to get the new set of memory roughly?

Comment

Yes, complete the RMA Request Form and email it to our RMA department.

Our turn around time is fairly quick, you should receive the new replacement within a week after we receive the defective module(s).

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X