Poss bad mem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poss bad mem

I may be having probs with my mem. Win7 will sometimes fail to start and various detail screens seem to point to memory. Had a few BSODs too and they said memory probs. Some freeze-ups along the way too. Has happened a few times over last few months and now getting more frequent. All my research in online assistance and this Forum all seem to point to memory issues.

I had been using BIOS ver F6 and recently installed F7 but same problems persist. Under both versions the mem setting were correct and voltages reported as 1.35, etc.

I even did a Windows mem diagnostic for about 6 hrs- it did not report any problems- and this was right after a start failure that reported mem problems. When Win7 fails to start and it goes through all its diagnostics and says it can't repair, etc., I just close out of that and let it restart and it then restarts fine. A few times I have been able to see that it has reported that the cause is a memory problem. Before I request an RMA I thought it best if I check the Forum first.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P MB
    BIOS F7 and using the XMP mem setting
    4 GB(2 x 2GB) Mem: F3-12800CL9D-4GBECO
    I can provide CPU-ID details file if requested and I also have screenshots of mem settings from F6 and F7 BIOS if needed.

Thanks!

Very odd, go ahead and send those in for new replacements and the new set shoujld work just fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X