Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Ripjaws to run at rated speed need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Ripjaws to run at rated speed need help.

Hey guys, I'd like to say hello. I'm new to the forums here.
    I put together a new build about 2 weeks ago now and have a few questions about the RAM.
    I bought the F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws. According to CPUZ it's running at 1333 insted of 1600mhz. How can I get it to run at rated speed?
    Is it ok to run this RAM at 1.616 volts? That is lowest voltage setting allowed in my BIOS.
    My system is:
    Gigabyte GA-MA790XT UD4P
    GSkill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws
    AMD Phenom II X4 965
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    Western Digital 1tb Black edition hard drive
    ATI Radeon 5770 (Juniper)
    Nothing is overclocked, just set to optimized defaults in the BIOS.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Pete

The voltage is fine, you will simply need to set System Memory Multiplier to x4.00 for DDR3-1600

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Please excuse my lack of knowledge here and my questions. Just for my own info why do I lower the multiplier in the BIOS instead of raising it?

Comment

It depends on your CPU Host Frequency, to reach your desired memory frequency. Everything is based off multipliers.

For example, CPU Host Frequency 200 x 4.00 = 800MHz, which gives you DDR3-1600 (double data rate). Default should have been x3.33, which equals 667MHz or DDR3-1333.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

My CPU freq. is set to 200mhz. And when the DRAM multiplier is set to auto it reads 6.66 and the BIOS shows it as 1333. The only choices I have are 4.00, 5.33, 6.66 and 8.00

Comment

8.00 will give you the full DDR3-1600.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X