Gigabyte P55A-UD4 won't recognise 8gb in bios [2xF3-12800CL8D-4GBRM]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P55A-UD4 won't recognise 8gb in bios [2xF3-12800CL8D-4GBRM]

I 've got this problem, I use 4 sticks of the above memory but there is no way to make the board recognise 8gigs of RAM it only sees 4092 MB.

I use the latest bios F9, I made the changes like QPI/VTT = 1.31V, disabled C1E and EIST,
    Set Performance to Standard and DRAM Voltage to 1.6V but nothing yields the 8gigs total.

Can you help with the settings in the bios?

Checked the memories in all banks and they show 0 errors with Memtest86+.

Could it be the board?

Thanks in advance.

Detecting capacity is not a settings issue. Either the motherboard memory slots or the memory itself has a problem.

Is it not detecting 8GB in BIOS or Windows? Check both and let me know.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm talking about the BIOS. I am aware of the issues in the 32bit Windows versions. The problem starts from BIOS. The bios doesn't recognised the sum of the ram.

I 'll try to put the other 2 sticks in the socket that the other 2 work. If these sticks work on DIMM1 and DIMM3 then the memories are ok. (I also run memtest86+ no mistakes as i said.)

Also the motherboard doesn't POST if I try anything installing memory sticks In Dimm 2 or Dimm 4

Comment

I' try to find what combinations of dimm installation works or not

Comment

Check in BIOS to see if the slots are actually enabled with memory inserted. If not, you may simply have to exchange the motherboard.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well finally it was the board who had the problem. I exchanged it with a Gigabyte P55 UD6, I immediatelly updated the bios and yep 8gigs of ram ready to go.

I 'd like to mention that the Gigabyte P55 UD6 with F3 bios saw 8 gigs but only the 4 of them were usable. After the bios update everything went OK.

And one last thing.. It seems that Gigabyte P55A - UD4 have problems with DIMM 2 and DIMM4. Other gigabyte customers mentioned the above problem.

Thanks for all the help Gskill tech

Comment

Glad to hear you were able to sort everything out. Enjoy!

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X