• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK, intermittent BSODs and memtest failures

Mobo: Biostar TH55B HD
    Memory: GSkill F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK
    CPU: Intel i3-530

Settings are all stock clocks, manually set since Biostar's default settings end up with some strange settings (Working with them to get their BIOS fixed, they're actually pretty responsive).

The issue I am having is intermittent BSODs and memory errors. What seems to happen is I will boot up the machine, running Win7 64-bit, get to the login screen and proceed to log in. Anywhere between immediately to within about a minute of logging in, one or two services crash followed quickly by a BSOD usually with STOP 0x0000004e, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT or MEMORY_EXCEPTION of some sort. This cycle will happen indefinitely if I don't physically shut down the machine, pull and reseat the ram and restart, at which point generally everything is fine.

The motherboard is nice enough to have memtest86+ baked into the BIOS as well. In testing during the BSOD cycles, I ran memtest, at which point errors lit up like a Christmas tree. Again, after pulling and reseating the ram, the memory would pass countless passes of memtest without a single error (last night through this afternoon - 18 hours with zero errors).

Shut down the computer for the night though, and start it the next day, back to BSODs/memtest errors. I've swapped memory out with an extra set of Samsung DDR3-1333 I have, and the system is running fine. I'm leaning towards bad ram, just slightly confused as to why it would be intermittent. A friend pointed me towards these forums mentioning something about a "Cold Boot Bug" with GSkill ram. Does this sound about right?

Indeed so, please send them in for new replacements. Sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X