Incorrectly labeled Ram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrectly labeled Ram?

Hi! First post here, glad ya'll have this forum. Here's the scenario. Built a computer for a friend, specs following. Initially set Ram up on auto (SPD), 1333 FSB, BSOD problems. We were using a hand me down PS, saw large voltage fluctuations on rails, decided to replace with a PC Power & Cooling. While at it, decided to check forums for other potential problems, found out about AMD Mem controller problems (great!), did more digging, and came here. Was all set up to manually configure Ram to get 1333 Mhz, noticed SPD settings detected by Ram way off from what was listed here and on Ram, thought I would post and get the official byline. What should I do?

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P (can't seem to find the rev # on motherboard, but bought all components about a month ago from New-Egg).

Mem G-skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

PS PC Power & Cooling 750 quad Reconditioned (Deal for 80 bucks)

Vid Palit GTS-250 knock-off, 1 Gig Ram

2 WD 7200 RPM HD in RAID 0

SPD listings detected by Mthbd

CAS-9T
    Ras to Cas R/W Delay-9T
    Row Precharge Time-9T
    Min Ras Active Time-24T
    tWtR-5T
    Trfc's 110ns
    Write recovery time-10T
    precharge Time-5T
    Row cycle time-33T
    and Ras to Cas delay-4T

Dims have listed on labels 8-8-8-21

What gives? Did someone at newegg pull a switcheroo, and if so why am I getting returned (repackaged) memory? Hope ya'll can help!

You received the correct memory, you simply need to configure the settings in BIOS.

Set TCL to 8T, tRCD 8T, tRP 8T, tRAS 24T - Command Rate 2T
    What CPU do you have? If you continue to have problems, try testing them individually. If both modules test out fine, try increasing the HT Voltage.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi! Thanks for response!
      Oooops! Yeah, I did leave that out, CPU is a AMD Athlon II X2 240 socket AM-3. I believe it's a BE, multiplier is unlocked.

Good to know Mem wasn't changed out. I'm working with settings you recommended for BiggJake in a previous thread, but voltages seem to be real high. NB heatsink is hot to touch, but it's passing both memtest and prime95 stable so far. Will probably go back into bios and see if I can turn down by increments and still get through memtest. Is there a particular memtest test to use, or leave on auto? Not looking to overclock CPU, stability at rated speeds my prime concern. I'll see if I can post settings later, right now finishing reinstall of Win7 64 after crashes corrupted OS. Thanks and wish me luck!

Comment

Any test will work just fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X