Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12800cl9d-4gbnq and a biostar TH55xe, bios and BSoD. help? please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12800cl9d-4gbnq and a biostar TH55xe, bios and BSoD. help? please!

hello,

so ive been having issues lately, the blue screen of death. I have seen a couple BSoD's, but the most recent one is "Bad_pool_header". This morning i reinstalled windows 7, and within 2 hours of being up and running the bad pool header took my computer. Generally i can restart and it will reboot fine, but i dont like all the random errors with such a new machine (>1 week)

I was hoping that someone could help me set up my bios to optimal performance, im running the latest version of my bios and all drivers are updated and installed. if you guys need any other information just let me know. This is the first computer i have built, so im still a little new on how to troubleshoot and set up bios, THANK YOU!

My Setup
    Intel core i-5 650 clarkdale 3.20Ghz processor
    Biostar Th55xe Motherboard
    Gskill 12800cl9d-4gbnq (2x2GB) memory
    EVGA nvidia 9800gtx+ Graphics card
    windows 7 ultimate x64 Operating system

Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1600. Check timings and voltage to make sure they are detected properly, once that is complete, everything should be just fine.

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

okay thank you, i checked all of my timings and voltages and they are good, but the frequency is where i am having my issue. i can only go as high as 1333 (motherboard doesnt give 1600 as option) unless i OC to make it go higher. My bios has pre-determined overclocks (V-6, V-8, V-12), that will automatically adjust for me to get to 1600 though.

should i stay at 1333 or go to 1600? is it a huge difference?

Comment

Set BCLK to 160 and that should give you DDR3-1600 option.

Not a huge difference, but might as well use it if you can.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

okay i set the BLCK to 160 and my comp is now running at 3.8ghz (stock 3.2) and i have the 1600 dram frequency, thanks for the help!!

Comment

Enjoy!

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X