Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM on EVGA X58 SLI LE

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with the F3-12800CL8T-6GBRM Kit. I'm actually running two kits on my EVGA X58 SLI LE.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Basically, Windows and CPU-Z both recognise that 12GB exists. However only 5.99 or 7.99GB is usable. It seems to alternate. In BIOS, it doesn't detect the 12GB, so the issue must lie there.

I have done the following:

- Updated BIOS to latest version
    - Re-placed CPU into socket and loosened/tightened heatsink to ensure it is not causing the issue.
    - Tried sticks one by one and ensure the sticks aren't the issue - they all work fine.

Here's what I think: I bought two kits, and set the specifications based on 1 Kit. So each kit states 8-8-8-24 and 1.6v. Now, I'm running TWO of these kits, so obviously this specification needs to change.

Can someome please tell me exactly what I need to change in the BIOS and where I can find this setting?

Thank you

According to G.Skill their specifications are for a single kit and have not tested 2 kits and hence cannot provide me specifications.

Sigh

Comment

Increase CPU VTT +200 and QPI PLL to 1.50V and see if that helps.

Also, basic memory settings do not change for 12GB. Only voltages (memory controller* voltage especially) to accomodate the extra modules.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT
      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 03-31-2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Now that was some useful information, particularily:

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Also, basic memory settings do not change for 12GB. Only voltages (memory controller* voltage especially) to accomodate the extra modules.
        GSKILL SUPPORT
        Thank you very much, you've proved to be a lot more helpful than the tech support consultant I spoke to.
        Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 03-31-2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I made a typo in that statement. It should be the memory controller voltage, NOT memory voltage.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

I FIXED IT!!!

It wasn't the settings at all. I apologise G.Skill - Infact once the real issue was fixed, I only had to turn XMP Profile on and 12GB instantly recognised.

2 CPU Pins were BENT!

I unbent them. Now it works.

Thanks all!

Comment

Fantastic! Glad to hear you were able to get that resolved. Enjoy!

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X