Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong SPD programming

Hello ,

I recently purchased my second set of F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL "Ripjaws Series" and the SPD is either programmed wrong or the memory itself is wrong . Below is pictures of CPUz reportings of the SPD and the motherboards BIOS is reading the same as CPUZ .

The first set is running in a MSI 770-G45 with a AMD 720 X3 "Black Edition" at rated speeds and timings 9-9-9-24-2t @1.5v , and also runs well in my MSI 790GX-G65 ,so I purchased this second set for the G65 board , only to get a mismatched or wrongly programmed set .

I never get a total lockup with this mismatched set , but get random pauses and mouse freezes for a second or two and then everything goes back to normal. But I'm really afraid that this is gonna corrupt my RAID ARRAY

I am hoping to get this issue resolved here before I post my review on NEWEGG , and cast a poor light on G.Skill's QC , I've never had any problems with multiple sets of G.Skill RAM I've purchased from Newegg for Notebooks to Desktops DDR-DDR3.

System 1
    MB: MSI 770-G45
    CPU: Phenom ll 720 X3
    RAM: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    VIDEOCARD: Sapphire HD3870 512mb
    HDD: WD 250GB SE16
    PS: 500watt HiPro

System 2
    MB:MSI 790GX-G65
    CPU: Phenom ll 965 X4
    RAM: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    VIDEOCARD: Sapphire HD4870 1GB
    HDD: 2x WD 500GB Black Edition ( RAID 0 )
    PS: Corsair 550VX
    OS: XP/home sp3 32bit and Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit on seperate partitions

Very strange, please send that set in for new replacements and the new set should be corrected.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X