Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH + GA-MA770T-UD3P

Hi!

A few weeks ago I built a new PC (AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20GHz (C3 Stepping) Black Edition, Gigabyte MA-770T-UD3P rev. 1.0, G.SKILL RipJaws F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH).

The RAM seems to run quite unstable. On the RAM itself it says the timings should be 7-7-7-21 2T at 1.5V. The Motherboard only allows 1.6V but that should be no problem.
    But the BIOS automatically sets the timings to 9-9-9-24, so I thought that might be causing instability. After manually setting them to the specified values I received the same unstable system. Odd.
    I thought the program crashes etc. might have to do with the Operating System (Windows 7 x64) so I got the 32 Bit version instead. Nothing changed, of course.
    I also sometimes receive wrong video output during post screen and other problems (CRC Errors, Program Crashes, Memory-related bluescreens and freezes) during OS runtime can be derived to memory. So the OS cant be the problem. Which brings us back to the RAM timings.
    Ive run memtest for 4 hours with 9-9-9-24 AUTO-settings and did not receive any errors but clearly something is wrong. So I set the timings to something between the specified and the auto-settings: 8-8-8-21 which seems to be a bit better, but that could be a false impression.

This guy seems to have similar issues with the same system, but the settings he posted last are still unstable for me (even with 1066 MHz):
    http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.ph...0666CL7D-4GBRH

Im not an expert when it comes to RAM, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other settings I should try?

BTW: Ive heard of other people running the same hardware combination at the standard settings without any problems which puzzles me a bit. I did not change anything else. No OC whatsoever.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. unfortunately it will take days or weeks before I get back to the PC to try modifications, but Id love to hear suggestions.

Try testing each module individually with the correct settings. If one acts different than the other, you will need to send them in for new replacements.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok, I will try that as soon as I can.
      Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X