Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus P7P55D-E Pro MB & i7 860 processor - memory settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P7P55D-E Pro MB & i7 860 processor - memory settings?

To an Administrator:

I have an Asus P7P55D-E Pro motherboard and an i7 860 processor that I'm about to build with an NVidia GTX 260 video card & have 2 questions please.

1) I've purchased & am waiting on delivery of your F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD memory as I wanted to get the fastest speeds with best stability and this particular model was recommended by many on different sites including this site. Can you please provide proper bios settings to get this memory running it's rated speed of DDR3-2000 as well as the settings to overclock it to the highest stable speed?

2) I saw a suggestion in this forum that if I plan on editing a lot of photos/videos or if I leave the computer on for longer periods that I might try using your F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO memory instead of the above listed memory. I'm more concerned about stability & speed over power consumption. Can you please tell me if & why the F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO memory would be better than the F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD memory?? Kind of a compare & contrast, pros & cons of each model of memory for my motherboard.

Thank you for any help you might provide.

For both memory packages, simply enable the XMP Profile under "Ai Overclock Tuner" and the motherboard will detect and set all memory settings accordingly.

The two memory packages you selected will be similar. I can ramble about them, but it's not that important. The ECO is lower voltage, but it performs and overclocks as well. The Trident is rated higher, and the voltage is slightly higher, but it is a high performance gaming series.

It's a tough choice, all I can say is that you will be very satisfied with either.

Fast.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

How would I go about overclocking the memory? What settings would I use to do that??

Comment

Adjusting the BCLK (base clock), then setting the proper multipliers.

For example, default BCLK is 133. The max memory multiplier on that CPU is 12, so using the stock BCLK can only send you to DDR3-1600.

The max CPU multiplier is 21, which gives you 2793MHz or 2.80GHz.

So to "overclock" beyond this, you will simply need to increase the BCLK. For example, if you set BCLK to 200, your max values become 4.2GHz for the CPU, DDR3-2400 for the memory.

The above is to adjust frequency. Now as you adjust frequency, it will also require more voltage, so you will need to increase CPU VCore, IMC Voltage, and others the higher you go up in frequency. This motherboard is VERY easy to OC, so you should have fun.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X