Trident DDR3 2000 with Asus P6TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident DDR3 2000 with Asus P6TD

I have the Trident DDR3 2000 (F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD) kit with an Asus P6TD motherboard (running the most recent bios, 501) and an Intel Core i7-930 processor. I'm having trouble figuring out the settings necessary to run the RAM at the full 2000 speed. The closest I get is when I load the XMP, but then my system blue screens with error 124 randomly. Whenever I try to change the voltages and timings myself, the system will not post. I'm currently running the system with everything on auto for the sake of stability. I've never done any overclocking before, so any help you could offer would be much appreciated.

With the XMP Profile, set the QPI/DRAM Voltage to 1.55V and that should stabilize the system.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I tried setting the QPI voltage to 1.55, but the system gives me a BSOD with random error codes consisting of 2 letter or number combinations. I set the Vcore to 1.275 and began getting BSOD error 124 again. Tried setting QPI from values between 1.35 and 1.575 at intervals of .25 volts. The best I was able to get was more BSODs with error 124. At the lower QPI voltages, the system would not POST.

Comment

Post pictures of your BIOS settings and I can see what you may have set incorrectly.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Here are the screenshots:

Comment

and these two as well:

Comment

Disable C1E Support, CPU TM Function, SpeedStep, and C-State. Other than that, everything else looks fine.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I just tried the settings with Prime95 and the system gave a BSOD and shut down so fast I couldn't read the error code.

Comment

Try testing each module individually to determine whether one may be defective.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I ran memtest86 with these settings and it crashed as soon as test 5 started. I tried testing just one memory stick, but the system will not boot without three chips.

Comment

The motherboard should have no problem booting any one stick at the rated specifications. If it can not, your motherboard may be defective.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Indeed you are correct. I must not have had the stick fully inserted. I ran memtest86 for three passes on each stick using the QPI setting of 1.55 volts at DDR3-2000 without any errors. However, whenever I try to use all three sticks at once, the system still dies as soon as it reaches test 5.

Comment

Try bumping QPI/DRAM Voltage to 1.60V.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I tried 1.60 QPI and it still gave me a BSOD error 124 after about 10 seconds of prime95.

Comment

Try memtesting each module with the proper settings to see if one may be defective.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X