Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM Need a little help

My question is this --

I just built a new system (specs below) and im wondering what my ram settings should be

I7 860 2.8 stock OC - 3.8
    CNPS 10x Extreme CPU Cooler
    Ga-P55a-Ud4p BIOS F8
    F3-10666-CL8D-4GBRM 8-8-8-24 1.5v (love the ram have no issues)
    GTX 260 MaxCore 55 OC edition Nvidia Driver 196.21
    Antec 650w PSU
    Win 7 64bit Home Prem.

I currently have the proc. OC to 3.8 and it changes the ram settings -- my bios settings are --

Cpu Clock Ratio ---- 20x
    QPI Clock Ratio ----- x36
    Base Clock Control --- enabled
    BCLK Freq. ---- 190
    PCI Express Freq. ----100
    CIA2 ------ Disabled
    CPU Clock Drive ---- 700mV
    PCI Express clock drive ---- 700mV
    CPU Clock Skew --- 0ps

Load Line Calibration ---- enabled
    CPU Vcore --- 1.2187v - Auto
    QPi/VTT --- 1.1v - Auto
    PCH Core ---- 1.050v -- auto
    CPU PLL ---- 1.800v --- auto
    DRam Voltage ---- 1.500v --- auto
    All the rest of the voltages are also set to auto
    Also have the CPU Turbo disabled -- C1E disabled -- EIST disabled

CPU-Z is saying this ----- 10-11-11-28 trfc 84 1T

So with these settings for the OC on the proc what should every setting for the ram be at -- voltage speed timings xmp yes or no and if any change any of the other bios settings for the proc -- the overclock changes the ram settings to a different speed and timings but not sure what they should be at this overclock
    Last edited by Hawkins78; 03-17-2010, 03:21 PM.

Anyone ? I see that a bunch of new posts posted later than mine are aleady amswered by people -- is my question wrong or not worded right or something ?

Comment

Hello -- Anyone --- a little help here .!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry about the delay!

Well your first problem is finding the correct target frequencies. BCLK 190 can only give you DDR3-1140 or DDR3-1520.

What I would suggest is utilizing the extra CPU Ratio multiplier (21X). Then you can use BCLK 180 for DDR3-1440. This will slightly OC your memory, but it should have no problem. You may need to increase DRAM Voltage slightly.

With this, simply set DRAM Timings to tCL 8 - tRCD 8 - tRP 8 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2. Once that is complete, everything should run just fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

For some reason my board dont like to use the 21X setting ive read this in other forums as well using the 21X just keeps BSOD on me at every boot with the above settings -- what would be your next suggestion using the 20X setting ?

Comment

You simply have to figure out your target frequencies and find the base clock and multipliers that add up to them. You will notice that some values are hard to reach since you are limited to multipliers.

For example, you are wanting a high CPU OC but can only work with DDR3-1333, so that is the problem. For 3.80GHz, the minimum BCLK is 190. Like I said before, you are limited to DDR3-1140 or DDR3-1520. So you'll either need to go down on the CPU frequency to go higher on the memory frequency, or vice versa.

To get near DDR3-1333, your best setting will be BCLK 170, Memory Ratio 8X, CPU Ratio 20X. That gives you 3.4Ghz on the CPU, DDR3-1360. That extra multplier that you believe does not work makes a huge difference.

So in the end, it's just what YOU want to set everything at.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you for your help on this -- if i can get the 21x multiplier to work what is the highest setting the ram can handle being overclocked -- would the ram work at or above 1600 or 1500 and if it would work what would be the settings for it

Comment

For DDR3-1333, 1500 should be OK, anything beyond that may require more voltage. If you are looking to oc the memory, I would suggest leaving the CPU stock first, find the memory limits and the voltage necessary, then overclock the CPU and use the proper memory settings. Otherwise if you try overclocking both at the same time, it is just hit or miss, trial and error.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok one last question -- for the cpu overclock i have the turbo disabled for it -- now for the ram i ve got it set as close to the 1333 or actually ur suggested settings above -- the question is what setting should the Performance Enhance be set to for the ram ( the turbo, extreme or standard setting for the ram not the cpu ) ?
                  Last edited by Hawkins78; 03-25-2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Performance Enhance should be set to Standard, always. Turbo Boost is disabled for anything other than DDR3-1333.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                    X