X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with F3-12800Cl7D-4GBRM

Model of the motherboard: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
    Model of the memory: F3-12800Cl7D-4GBRM
    Current Memory setup: 8-8-8-24 1.6v 1600mhz (Manully Set)
    Model of the CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition - HDZ955FBK4DGI

To start off this was my first computer build ever, and for the most part my computer has been running well. But lately for about the past month or two it has started to freeze frequently. I have tried reformating, doing full hard drive checks, and running memory tests overnight. But nothing has helped or said that anything was wrong with my computer. I have since now noticed though that the ram i have is not listed as supported memory for my motherboard, and i also think it may have some compatibility issues with my cpu. From the problems i have been having so far though it does not seem very seriouse, just very annoying when my computer begins to not respond while no program is taking up anywhere above 10% cpu usage. I am not sure even if this is a problem with my ram, just seems that way and would really like to know if this is so i can do what i need to to get my computer running smoothly again. Thanks for the help in advance.

Try running memtest one module at a time to see if a module is defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Both modules came up with no errors. I have tried moving them now to the other slots, also tried the timings that were on the memory 7-8-7-24 1.6v at 1600mhz and overclocking failed. Bios is defaulting to 9-5-9-25 at 1333mhz.

Comment

At DDR3-1600, you will need to use tCL 8 instead of 7. The BIOS will not allow 7 just yet, so 8-8-8-24 would be best for DDR3-1600.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Timings you suggested did work. Also though i had read online that my processor only supported up to 1333mhz ram, and also the ram i am using is not on the recommended list for my motherboard either. Could either of these issues be causing my computer to become unresponsive at random timesl, or would it not run at all if either of these things were a problem.

Comment

Do you have memory voltage at 1.65V?

The memory package should work fine on that motherboard. Many people are running this exact combination. So you still have unresponsive problems even after using the new timings? Try memtesting each module to see if you can detect errors.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Problem with F3 12800Cl7D 4GBRM

Hello
              I have a problem and a friend of mine too.
              Friday we were playing to gunrox, we finished, and closed pcs.
              But saturday when I opened the pc i couldnt enter to the game, it gives an error: "Unable to find the suitable Updateserver", I tried to restart my pc but nothing happened, I tried to dissconnect the firewall, but the game didnt run.
              My friend happened the same but in Sunday.

We cant enter to gunroxs forum too.

Someone knows if there is a problem with the server? or we have a problem with our Pcs?

Someone can play with gunrox today?

Thank you
              Izrada sajtova

Comment

Hi,
                update bios from asus download support at the latest bios version (v.2102).
                Setting 1600 mhz, DRAM Volt. AUTO (1.580 V)
                Timing RAM:
                CAS Latency (CL) 6T
                RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 8T
                RAS Precharge (tRP) 5T
                RAS Active Time (tRAS) 15T
                Row Cycle Time (tRC) 25T
                Command Rate (CR) 1T
                RAS To RAS Delay (tRRD) 4T
                Write Recovery Time (tWR) 5T
                Write To Read Delay (tWTR) 5T
                Read To Precharge Delay (tRTP) 4T
                Four Activate Window Delay (tFAW) 24T