• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent memory problems

Model of the motherboard: ASUS M4A78T-E
    Model of the memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK
    Model of the CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

I am having frequent blue screen crashes and I'm pretty sure its due to memory. I have taken one out and tested both individually, but I still get the crashes. I read on the forums about changing the BIOS and I set the timings to 8-8-8-21, but that hasn't fixed the problem. My next step would be to send them back for a replacement, but I wanted to see if a tech person had any suggestions.

Also, sometimes when I'm gaming I will get a crash like "memory could not be read". But those aren't blue screens.

Also, I don't catch what the blue screen says before it restarts every time, but several things I gathered a few times were about paging, then just windows shut down, etc.

Thanks.

EDIT: I've been trying to troubleshoot for a while, and every 20 minutes or so I get another blue screen. I've used system restore and gone back quite a while, and I still get the blue screens, leading me to believe it definitely is a hardware failure.
    Last edited by Clif; 03-11-2010, 11:12 PM. Reason: New Info

would you like to clear CMOS and run one stick at one time to see if one is defective?
    if there is still proble, please feel free to contact with us for RMA service
    thanks

G.S

Comment

I don't know what you exactly mean by clearing CMOS and then testing 1 stick at a time.

I have already tested each individually (1 at a time), but I doubt I cleared CMOS since I'm not quite sure what that means.

How would I clear CMOS to test 1 stick at a time?

Comment

There is an option to restore BIOS defaults, simply do that so all setting are reverted to stock.

Then simply enter the DRAM Frequency as DDR3-1333
        DRAM Timings tCL 8 - tRCD 8 - tRP 8 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
        DRAM Voltage 1.50V

Once that is complete, save and exit, then try each stick in the initial slot. If one is good and one is bad, then you simply need to send them in for new replacements. If both have the same exact results, you may have a bad motherboard or CPU.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X