F3-10666cl9d-4gbrl & gigabyte ga-ma770t-ud3p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666cl9d-4gbrl & gigabyte ga-ma770t-ud3p

I'm having memory related BSOD issues under Windows 7 Pro. I get a BSOD either after the machine passes the Windows boot screen or shortly afterwards.

My machine is composed of:

AMD Phenom II 945
    GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P
    4GB (2x2GB) Ripjaw 1333 - F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

I tried running Memtest 86 and the Windows 7 built in memory tester and didn't find any errors, so I thought maybe it was a video ram issue or insufficient power supply. After swapping both out I'm still having BSOD problems regularly.

All of the bios settings are currently default and what the motherboard found in "Auto". The memory is defaulted to 9-9-9-24 2T at 1.6v by the motherboard.

I saw a link to the AMD tech document mentioning problems with 1333mhz chips and higher with Phenom II, so I've tried setting the chips to 1066 without and change in instability. I also tried installing only one chip per channel without and luck (slot 1 & 3).

Are there any special tunings or voltages I could try before I RMA the ram to Newegg? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by cam; 03-11-2010, 06:33 AM.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, otherwise you should not have such issues with this memory package. Did you try testing one module at a time?

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X