F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R --- Need Bios Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R --- Need Bios Settings

Hi, This is my first post on the forum even though I have registered prior to my purchase. I have built a new system with the parts listed below. I have not overclocked anything and dont really intend to overclock the CPU drastically unless advised here by G.Skill support.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-920
    MOBO: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    RAM: F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    PSU: Corsair HX650
    GPU: Asus EAH4850 1GB
    HSF: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black

I have set the settings to "load optimized defaults" and the board recognizes the ram with timings of 7-7-7-20 but cpuz only shows the ram running at 533mhz. I am hoping to get some help with settings as this is my first build and chose G.Skill over others because of the excellent support provided at this forum.

Please let me know if you require any additional information.

Thank You.

EDIT: The bios of the motherboard is the latest F4 bios, and the RAM does not show a XMP profile in the motherboard bios like the other person a few threads down has reported.
    Last edited by Dasda; 03-10-2010, 07:12 AM.

Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1600
    DRAM Timings to tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
    DRAM Voltage 1.50V
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.45V

Once that is complete, everything should run just fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1600
      DRAM Timings to tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
      DRAM Voltage 1.50V
      QPI/VTT Voltage 1.45V

Once that is complete, everything should run just fine.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT
      Hi, wouldn't raising the QPI/VTT voltage to 1.45v avoid my CPU warranty? Isn't the reccomended highest for i7-920 by intel 1.35v?

I thank you for your response but I really don't want to avoid my warranty with Intel just to run this RAM at its advertised speed.

I'll patiently wait for a response before I go ahead and adjust to those settings.

Keep in mind, I have no need to raise the Baseclock or multiplier on my CPU as I'm happy with its performance at stock speeds. I just want to improve the speed of my RAM. If you need screenshots of cpuz or any other app then let me know and I will provide you with the information,

Also, There is no XMP detected. Is it possible that I have gotten a deffective package?

Thank You.

Comment

It does not void your warranty, but Intel does state it as their recommended maximum. Then again, their recommended maximum for memory frequency is DDR3-1333. So you will need to operate DDR3-1333 in order to stay within their limitations.

You don't need to adjust CPU clock speed since this CPU has a 14X memory multiplier, so 133 x 14 would give you your DDR3-1600

The only issue you have is XMP, apparently there were some NQ series without XMP, so you have one of them. You will need to manually set the memory for 1600, or the following if you would lke to stay within Intel spec.

DRAM Frequency DDR3-1333
        DRAM Timings tCL 8 - tRCD 8 - tRP 8 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
        DRAM Voltage 1.50V

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          The only issue you have is XMP, apparently there were some NQ series without XMP, so you have one of them. You will need to manually set the memory for 1600, or the following if you would lke to stay within Intel spec.

Hi, Would you advise that I return the RAM to the seller or go through RMA with GSkill? I really dont want to get a inferior product to what I paid for. As you can see I am not very experienced in configuring a computer so XMP profile would help me alot now and in the future if I want to put in a different system. If Gskill can give me a different RAM like the PI series or the same RAM with XMP I'd be fine with it. Ofcourse, I'll have to pay the difference if getting the PI series.

I appreciate the effort made by Gskill to communicate with the customer on this forum.

Thanks.

Comment

I am just bumping this so it can bee seen by Gskill tech on Monday morning.

Comment

We can exchange it once we have a new batch. Apparently this issue is still present with what we have in stock. Meanwhile, enter the following settings in BIOS and everything should run just fine:

CPU Clock Ratio - 21x
              QPI Link Speed - AUTO
              Base Clock Control - Enabled
              BCLK Frequency - 133
              Performance Enhance - Standard
              Extreme Memory Profile - Disabled
              System Memory Multiplier - 12

Uncore & QPI Features
              Uncore Frequency - 3600

DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual

CAS Latency Time - 9
              tRCD - 9
              tRP - 9
              tRAS - 24

Enter these for the other three as well.

Channel A Timing Settings

Advanced Timings
              Command Rate - 2

Advanced Voltage Control
              QPI/VTT Voltage - 1.40V

DRAM Voltage - 1.640V
              Rest to AUTO

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X