X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI 790FX-GD70, AMD 955 BE, Win 7 64 bit

Hi,

I was asking to see if both of these would work with
    MSI 790FX-GD70, AMD 955 BE, Win 7 64 bit. I will be running a Sapphire 5870 card and using Antec True Power 750 PSU. Eventually may upgrade this to 8GB but start with 4GB.

Which will have better overclock and stability ability?

F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO or F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

we thought it would be better to choose DDR3 1600 CL9 products such as F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL or F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ on AMD platform
    and especially, ECO series is not for AMD platform since most AMD platform do not have low voltage option in BIOS setting and the structure of AMD is much different with the one of Intel
    and if you plan to upgrade to 4 sticks on your AMD platform, it will be better to downgrade the frequency from 1600 to 1333 because it is difficult for AMD memory controller to run DDR3 1600 with 4 sticks
    thanks

G.S

Comment

I think you're selling your own memory along with AMD ability on the 790FX board short.

Here's an article on benchmarkreviews with your F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM memory being tested on the 790FX build that they were able to overclock the memory upwards to 1744 with CAS at 8.

They go on to say that if they also overclocked the CPU, they would likely get performance improvements in gaming but even without gaming as an issue they found performance gains.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...=429&Itemid=67

The reason I'm also asking about your ECO memory is at least 3 reviews on newegg got the memory up and running at 1.5 v.

Comment

Different users have different levels of technical ability. Not everyone has the same abilities as benchmarkreviews.com. Most users are looking to plug and play, so we suggest kits with the least amount of tweaking.

Now if you think you have a high level of expertise, you can surely use a more aggressive memory package.

4GB of either of those memory packages should run just fine. I believe the BIOS has been revised and is capable of DDR3-1600 CL7, but you may want to double check with MSI. Overclocking and stability is present with both, but as you can tell the ECO requires less voltage to operate the same frequency, so that may be an advantage you are looking for.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X