• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDP versus XMP Profiles

GSkill Tech Support,

I am looking to purchase memory for the following system:

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4
    Intel i7-860

The confusion surrounds the specs listed on your website for your products. Are those specs for the SPD (default) values or are they for the XMP profile values? After reading about 10+ pages of posts, it seems that the SPD values are slower and lower voltage than the XMP values. How can I determine what is what? For example:

F3-12800CL7Q-8GBECO is supposed to be a DDR3-1600 (PC3 12800), 7-8-7-24-2N, and 1.35 Volts part. Is this the SPD value or the XMP value? Can you tell me both values?

Thanks and regards, Peter

I just installed 2 kits of this in my asus p7p55d-e pro and that is the XMP value. I manually set the timings to the xmp values including the voltage and both 4 gig kits run perfect and show 8 gigs total.
    Etiam In Pugna, Semper Fidelis!

Comment

the SPD value should follow the standard of JEDEC, which is an organization making the standard of memory
      according to JEDEC standard, DDR3 speed should be DDR3 800/1066/1333
      so, any spec higher than DDR3 1333 should be writen in an XMP profile(an easy profile for overclocking)
      take our F3-12800CL7Q-8GBECO for example, the SPD value only supports to DDR3 1333 9-9-9-24, but the value in XMP profile is DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24@1.35v
      hope you could understand the difference

G.S

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. It is very clear. My final question then is what is the voltage value for the SPD profile? Is it also 1.35v?

Thanks and regards, Peter

Comment

DDR3 standard is 1.50V, which is why our ECO series is considered "low voltage" at 1.35V.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Okay! Order placed! Thanks again!

Regards, Peter

Comment

Working...
            X