Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with F-10666CL8D-4GBHK Blue Screen Crashes

Hello,
    I recently built 2 identical new systems. Both builds went smoothly, both systems ran perfectly for about 3 or 4 months.

Just over the past month system #2 has been getting memory errors & blue screen crashes from time to time. I have an identical 4 GB kit in both systems. I ran a few tests including memtest and everest and showed some errors in sysytem #2 that was blue screening. To verify I took the memory and swapped it out with the stable memory kit from the stable system #1 and the computer ran like a champ.

I then put the suspected bad memory into the stable system #1 to verify the test errors, and stable system #1 began crashing also. I think it is certain that I have a bad stick or two in the second kit.

To be clear both systems are identical. Both were built at the same time. Both are running default setting with no overclocking at all. Both are at 1.6v and the only changes made in bios were to adjust the ram timmings to 8-8-8-21 for both systems per manufacturer recommendations. All settings were verified here in the forums back when I built the systems a few months ago in another thread. I believe the date was 09-24-2009 or the day before that.

I thank you for your time and your assistance.

System Specs for both systems

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 3.2Ghz CPU
    Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD4P MB
    F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK (2x2 4GB Ram Kit)
    Corsair HX-750W PSU
    Gigabyte HD4670 1GB DDR3 Video Card
    Windows Home Premium 64-Bit Full Version OS

Go ahead and send them in for new replacements.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X