• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10666CL8D-4GBHK + M4A79XTD Issues

Motherboard: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
    RAM: 10666CL8D-4GBHK
    Processor: AMD Phenom II 955 BE

I see lots of issues regarding this motherboard and I am one of them. The cold boot problem, the random blue screens, etc.

So, in their respective order, here's what I've done.

When issues first cropped up, I figured making sure timings are good was the first thing to double check. Of course, the mobo had them all wrong, so I set them manually to 8-8-8-21 1.5v. No luck. So I took out each stick and ran a Windows Memory Test on them individually only to find one of them reporting as faulty so I rmaed it. Now, just so you know, I don't live in the US or Canada, so shipping something from my country costs me about as much as the ram. When I realized that this RMA did nothing to solve my issues, I was very upset.

I know GSKILLS will come here and tell me to just RMA. The problem is, it costs me more to RMA than to just buy new sticks of ram...

So I'm wondering, has anyone got this set up and have it running stable dual channel or single channel?

I don't mind running it in single channel, in fact that is all I can do, but I still get the bsods that point to the memory.

Please help me figure this out.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jwerd; 03-02-2010, 09:12 PM.

Yes, it is a very common setup, so you should have no problems. Were you able to get that one stick replaced since it was reporting errors? If not, you'll have to use one stick until you can have the other replaced.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X