Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Returned RMA: Gskill 2gb stick doesn't match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returned RMA: Gskill 2gb stick doesn't match?

So, I bought a tri-channel set of RAM with my build. The ram came from newegg and was:

"G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ - Retail"

Recently, a (single) stick died and I RMAed it successfully. However, Gskill returned a stick to me that, at first, I thought was also dead. However, after I took it out and reseated it, it showed back up. After i restarted the computer, it disappeared again, and i reseated it again and swapped my sticks around and it showed up again. I downloaded some freeware software to see if the stick matched. BIOS (version 1.40 of a Asrock x58 Extreme mobo) said the sticks were all running the same. However, I've taken screenys of what the software says is in my computer.

After seeing the pictures, Please tell me if i should send back this stick they sent me and get a stick that matches my other 2, or if i should just hang onto it because its running? Is this stick truely different then the original two, or does it just have a different serial number or something? It says they're all running the same in BIOS and I've restarted about 4 times and it seems stable and has showed up every time. Advice?

Listed differently - has longer title

Listed differently - different numbers. Original Ram is 12800U, returned stick is 10700U?

Listed differently

Take note of the headings of my original ram (red lettering at top explains)
    Last edited by leth3an; 02-25-2010, 05:58 AM.

Headings don't match and this stick has no "SPD Ext. XMP"

Last edited by leth3an; 02-24-2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have any ideas? 23 views later...

Comment

Seems like they programmed that part wrong. If you would like, simply send it in for a new replacement.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok, Thanks

Comment

I got the 2nd RMA back. Its doing / showing up as the same stick i returned. This stick of memory has no XMP profile and is listed as 10700 instead of 12800. Should I RMA for the 3rd time Gskill?

Comment

we only have one F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ SPD, which is with XMP profile
              it should look like this:

so, we also wonder where this NQ SPD without XMP come from

G.S

Comment

Very odd, when requesting an RMA number, note to the RMA department to test the memory and check it for the XMP profile.

We sincerely apologize for this issue and appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                X