Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-790xta-ud4 & f3-12800cl9d-4gbrl

Model of the motherboard: GA-790XTA-UD4 , bios F2
    Model of the memory:F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (2x2GB)
    Model of the CPU:PHENOM II X4 955
    Crashes and freezes or screen goes blank. Got a windows memory error once, didn't write it down. Failed windows memory diagnostic tool a few times but always hung during test. Memstat86+ hangs as well.

Settings:

memory clock 8x 1600MHz
    DCTs Mode: ganged
    DDR3 Timing Items: Manual
    CAS# latency: 9T
    RAS to CAS R/W Delay: 9T
    Row Precharge Time: 9T
    Minimum RAS Active Time: 24T
    1T/2T Command Timing: 2T
    TwTr Command Delay: 6T
    Trfc0 for DIMM1: 110ns
    Trfc2 for DIMM2: 90ns
    Trfc1 for DIMM3: 90ns
    Trfc3 for DIMM4: 90ns
    Write Recovery Time: 12T
    Precharge Time: 6T
    Row Cycle Time: 40T
    RAS to RAS Delay: 4T

Do you have any suggestions?

set to unganged.

up the trfc to 110ns or the next highest and see if that helps.

slots 3 and 4 is where the ram should be in that mobo to go over 1333mhz make sure your ram is in the correct place.

lower the divider to below 1333 and see what the system does.

worst case test one stick at a time to see if either is causing the problem.

gl

Comment

reponse

I have tried the 1333 Mhz and the unganged and that didn't help. The MOBO docs says to put them in the first two slot, but I can try 3 and 4. I have also tried them one at a time with mixed results.
      I will try changing the trfc and different slots when I get home.
      I tried Memstat86+ again this morning and got several errors, took one stick out and retested and it froze. Will try the other stick again tonight.

Comment

i own that board. i know for a fact it is slots 3 and 4. in the users manual look at page -8- (Note 2)

Comment

Thanks glockjs.
          I think I am getting a little closer. One chip looks bad, over 100 errors on memstat86+, and the other on caused some freezes during memory test but I think it was configured wrong. My manual says slot 3 and 4 for over 1866 MHz and above. still worth trying.
          thanks again.

Comment

i would say volt the ram to 1.6...lax the timing to say the 9 9 9 24 33+ range and run the ram at 1066 or maybe even 800. test each stick individually. if you're still having issues it might be time to exchange/rma the ram. if at all possible see if you can get ahold of other ram sticks to test your mobo. gl

Comment

one stick working

I got it working with one stick at 1.5v 9-9-9-24 and 1333 MHz. I will RMA the other stick or send them both back to newegg.
              I tried getting it to run at 1.5v 9-9-9-24 and 1600 MHz.and it freezes constantly. Any suggestions on what to try to get it working at 1600 MHz?

Comment

Working...
              X