Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is fan for F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS necessary

Hi,

I ve just received my F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS memory (2x2GB). I also received the fan as specified in the description of the memory. I will mount the computer in the next few days so I d need some more info before doing it.

However I haven't seen any information whether it is compulsory to set up the fan or not.
    I d like to use the memory without the fan if possible to reduce the noise (well I guess a 3600RPM is a bit noisy). Is that possible ? If it is, what is the max temperature acceptable for this memory so that I can monitor it and check there s no problem ?

Thanks in advance
    Jong

What motherboard and CPU are you using? It should be no problem, as long as you can touch the memory, it should still be within acceptable temperature range.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the answer.
      My motherboard is an ASUS P7P55D-E with an Core i7 860.

Jong

Comment

Good, but even so, I think under full load it may get warm. So I'm not sure how intense you run your computer, but under 3/4 to full load, you may want to use the fan cooler since temps may rise. But obviously under normal load and usage it should be fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X