• Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD with GA-X58A-UD5

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5
    CPU: Intel Core i7-950 3.06GHz Stock cooling
    Memory: F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD
    Power: 850w corsair
    Windows 7 64bit Pro

GIGABYTE chart for this motherboard says this memory as working in triple channel

Im as a rule not an overclocker i usually buy better faster components and runs them at the stated settings.

So this is a new build i first tried default bios settings enabling XMP profile for the memory it loads into windows but BSOD after a few min.

Next i left everything at default but changed the multiplier to 1600 and dram to 1.6v rest to auto and ran a day or so but lockedup once.

Last ive tried 10x133 for 1333 timings at auto (shows 999241t with cpuz) dram 1.6v and this has run for serval days of regular use with this the cpu is set in bios as 23x133=3.06
    but in cpu-z it shows 24x13=3.19. This seems fine running at 3.19 the cpu temps at idle run 39 and 55-60 with use.

So the main question is i bought faster ram to run at higher speeds 2000 would be nice if i can run the CPU around the 3.2 range since it seems fine atm with stock colling but anything stable 1600 or higher with alittle lower timmings would be good also.

i have read thru all the different post that have the same listed memory and have played with some of the settings recommended but most of them have CPUs running around 4.0 and im not doing that so im sure setting would be alittle diff.

Try the following settings:

CPU Clock Ratio - 20x
    QPI Link Speed - AUTO
    Base Clock Control - Enabled
    BCLK Frequency - 133
    Performance Enhance - Standard
    Extreme Memory Profile - Disabled
    System Memory Multiplier - 12

DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual

CAS Latency Time - 8
    tRCD - 8
    tRP - 8
    tRAS - 21

Enter these for the other three as well.

Channel A Timing Settings

Command Rate - 2

DRAM Voltage - 1.640V
    Rest to AUTO

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

CPU is a 950 you said x20 shdnt it be x23?

Also would these setting from this post http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=3891

work for faster other that CPU multiplier since its the lesser version Mobo than mine.
      Last edited by Zokar; 02-03-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

CPU temp with Easytune that came with mobo shows 43c at idle now which is about 5 over

with Real temp didnt calibate yet temp runs about 47c at idle and with about 3 min of run time of Prime 95 real temp gets upto 100c and easytune shows 87c it gets high fast

Comment

Did not notice you have the 950, so set it to 23. The settings from the other post should work. Your CPU is running quite hot, so you'll want to lower that somehow...

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok after a couple months with this build i have had deveral different problems about once a week from screwwed up video(still runs just have to reboot to clear up) to just hard lockups no BSOD.
            So to try to eliminated memory i put in some Eco ram and ran at default 1066 but sill had a couple lockups same no BSOD. Really think its a video card problem so i replaced with a new GTX470 and ran for a few days with no problems so its time to try the trident ram again.

Right now the object is to try to run at say 1600 7 7 7 21 2 at lowest voltages form testing stability.

First try just bumped up to 12x133 everything auto. BSOD

Next try below ran for a couple hours gamed for an hour then sat in game not doing anything for about an hour started playing again and hard lockup no BSOD.

CPU Clock Ratio - 23x
            QPI Link Speed - AUTO
            Base Clock Control - Enabled
            BCLK Frequency - 133
            Performance Enhance - Turbo
            Extreme Memory Profile - Disabled
            System Memory Multiplier - 12

DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual

CAS Latency Time - 7
            tRCD - 7
            tRP - 7
            tRAS - 21

Enter these for the other three as well.

Channel A Timing Settings

Command Rate - 2

QPI/VTT Voltage - Auto
            DRAM Voltage - 1.60V
            Rest to AUTO

Third try same settings as above only change is below BSOD in 10 min after rebooting and entering game.

QPI/VTT Voltage - 1.36

So just put back to default settings all auto and running at 1066.

Now this is a i7 950 with turbo runs at 3200 do i need more QPI/VTT voltage or CPU voltage im not sure i have read alot of posts here some say at 1600 can run at 1.5v for ram and if so why wont default work with just multiplier or do i need it for tighter timmings?

Comment

Performance Enhance - Standard

Also, you may need more QPI/VTT Voltage at these memory specs.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

So what would the min to start at for QPI/VTT Voltage 1.5v?

and performane to standard and should only need to change ram and qtt/vtt voltage rest auto?

Comment

Yep, QPI/VTT Voltage will need to be 1.45V-1.60V for DDR3-2000.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X