Need advice for ram in new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for ram in new build

So, I'm planning on doing a long overdue upgrade to my computer when I get my tax returns back, and I figured I'd ask here for advice on the memory before I fudge something up =]

Plan on getting an AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE, C3 revision paired with an Asus M4A79XTD EVO AM3 which supports up to DDR3-1800.

I'm looking at G-skill ram because I'm very impressed with the 2x1gb PC3200 kit in my current rig, running at a rock solid 476MHz @ 2.6v and 2.5-3-3-6 timings for almost a year now, and I'm pretty sure I could get more out of em, it's just my old Athlon 4000+ won't make it past 2.9GHz stable u.u

So, back to the question at hand, what would be the best 2x2gb kit to get with the Motherboard/CPU combo listed above? I am looking to push that Phenom up past 4GHz, so I want something that clocks up nice and stable, and I was looking at these Ripjaws, do to the nice timings, and the fact that they would look dead sexy paired with that motherboard =]

And if it helps, I'll be running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work ^-^b
    Last edited by Dex; 02-02-2010, 07:04 PM.

The memory package you have selected should work fine, but you may need to use 8-8-8-24 timings instead of CL7. Most AMD motherboards are unable to operate DDR3-1600 CL7 due to BIOS limitations. As a result, you can simply purchase the CL8 version since the color and style matches your preference.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X