Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRAM Voltage 1.60V
    NB Voltage 1.40V

Only set the four memory timings, 8-8-8-21.

tRFC's can stay on 160ns.

Have you tried two sticks first? You may want to do that as your CPU may not even be able to operate 4 sticks.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi,

Yes, as stated in my original post, I am currently running on only 2 of the 4 sticks of ram I have. Both sets work interchangeably without issues.

I just set dram voltage to 1.6 and nb voltage to 1.4 and still the system will not boot with all 4 sticks.

As for the cpu's ability to use all 4, I do not see any reason, nor any article, recommendation, or otherwise anywhere stating that it should not be able to support all 4 sticks at once, unless it is faulty. But I see no reason to believe so.

What else can I try?

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

Contact AMD directly and they can give you further information regarding this issue. There is a one DIMM per channel restriction on many CPUs, and it seems as though your 925 is part of that since either 2 sets are working fine alone, but when put together they will not POST at all.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi,

Well, I just got off the phone with AMD technical support, and they stated that there are no known issues with the processor I have in this regard. They suggested RMA'ing the processor if we are unable to make any more progress on this.

Please let me know if there are any other suggestions you may have. Otherwise, I will RMA the processor.

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

That seems like the only thing you can do, and hope that the new CPU will be able to better operate 4 sticks. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi,

Ok, so that took a lot longer than I expected. The AMD RMA took quite a while, but they upgraded me to a Phenom II x4 945 (3ghz) instead.

I had the same exact problem though. It will not boot with all 4 sticks. I RMA'd the ram I had again for a refund, then purchased some different G.Skill ram:
              F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

I still have the same issue.

Any thoughts?

My last chance may be to RMA the motherboard with Asus, since this has taken so long I can no longer do it with newegg.

Thanks,
              Mike

Comment

Based off the pictures above,

Set DRAM Command Rate to 2

For everything in DRAM 1st information below tRAS. set those to AUTO instead of manual numbers.
                Same with 2nd information, leave all to AUTO except tRFCs 160ns.

DCT Unganged Mode - Enabled

DRAM Frequency - 1333
                DRAM Voltage - 1.50V

All else to AUTO

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                X