Pairing a Gigabyte EP45_UD3R with F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pairing a Gigabyte EP45_UD3R with F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

So i have a Gigabyte EP45_UD3R, with a E8400 C2D in it, and currently 2x1GB Cosair XMS DDR-800 CL4 ram. I am running the BCLK at 420MHz x 9 which gives me a 3.78GHz OC on that processor.

I have everything set to spec.
    CPU I have set at 1.35 volts(probably does not need to be that high.)
    RAM 2.1 volts 5,5,5, 15(its slighty OCed to 840mhz so i laxed the timings 2.0D latch.)
    MCH Core 1.3 volts from 1.1 stock.

Everything else is pretty much on auto.

So here is my question the board also supports the option of going to DDR 3, i knew going into this board that I wanted 4 gigs of ram and that i would be upgrading to DD3 later instead of spending more money on slower ram to pair up with my existing 2gigs.

So I pulled the trigger and bought F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH thinking that i could run these take the ddr2 out and match the 1670 bus speed with these and if I wanted to see about OCing some more with the headroom on the ram.

Well i cannot get the system to run stable past stock speeds with this RAM. runs great with my DDR2 at 840MHz, but no matter what voltages I change or whatever i cannot get this ram to run past 1333MHz if I leave the BCLK at 333, I know the ram works with my board cause i was playing wow while the ram was in my system, just it was only at 3.0GHz with the ram at 1333. which only slows my system down cause i lose the OC on the proc and it bottlenecks my 280GTX.

So What i want to know is can i get F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH to work with a Gigabyte Ep45 chipset and has anyone done it? maybe give me some tips on the settings i should use?

Also there are settings i am not comfortable with when overclocking a intel chipset like What is CPU PLL? And CPU termination? and CPU Reference? i know what happends when i pump the core but what these other voltages and are they important? with my exsisting OC and Ram i leave those on Auto and do fine. but with the F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH in I do not know what to do to get the system stable.

Anyways any help would be appreciated. I tested the F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH with prime 95 full stress for 7 hours no errors at stock speeds 3.0GHZ 1333 ram. so its just got to be my settings. also can anyone tell me what the Recomended Advance timings are for these sticks?

Help! I cannot get it to 1600FSB with this RAM. What could I doing wrong? people have pushed this north bridge to 550.

Comment

Did you OC the FSB? You can only operate memory as fast as your FSB can go. If your FSB OC is stable, the memory should have no issues operating at that speed as well.

All memory information is on the package or memory itself. 9-9-9-27

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Just wanted to add that it was either my lack of OC knowledge or these sticks are just not compatible with the P45 Chipset, even though they were 100% stable on auto at 1333 spd. but i could not get these sticks to run at the 1720 FSB that I had, not sure what I did wrong, so i sent them back to Newegg. my E8400 runs completely stable at around 3.79GHZ and the FSB is in the 1700s somewhere with the ram running at 840MHz DDR2.

Meh its whatever, im just gonna wait and evetually upgrade to a i5 system later and get a trip channek DDR3 mobo and go that route. for now ill stick with my DDR2.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Did you OC the FSB? You can only operate memory as fast as your FSB can go. If your FSB OC is stable, the memory should have no issues operating at that speed as well.

All memory information is on the package or memory itself. 9-9-9-27

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT
          and i know the memory information is on the packaging, i know the timings are 9-9-9-27

What i wanted to know was what are the advanced memory timings. theres a section for that in my bios.

Comment

Advanced Timings depend on the motherboard. Different motherboards will want different timings, which is why if you set the first four, it should be able to pick up the rest just fine.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
            X