Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to configure G.Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ to run at 1600 MHz on Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure G.Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ to run at 1600 MHz on Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

Hi everybody,

This is my first time here.

I need help to congifure my Asus M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard bios so the 6 Gb G.Skill (3x) F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ DDR3 can run at 1600 MHz.

I already tried some tips from this forum, but i'm not sure if it's already running properly.

I don't know how to post here pictures from CPU-Z to show my processor and SPD pages. If anyone can help me it would be great.

Thanks a lot,

Filipe.

update:
    here?s the CPU-Z picture (thanks a lot JamesWH - the imageshack thing was what i was missing!):

Last edited by fgsoares; 01-21-2010, 05:01 PM.

To take a picture of CPU-Z, you will need to open up the CPU-Z window, (SPD and/or Memory) and press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Then, open up Paint, press CRTL+V, and it should paste the picture you took. Then you can press the select tool, select the CPU-Z window by making a box around it, press CRTL+C and create new paint window, then press CTRL+V to paste the window, and then you do the same thing again if you want another CPUZ pic on there, then you go to the lower right corner of the Paint window (Not the actual Program window, but inside paint) and hold left click and resize the window to fit the CPU-Z windows. Then save the picture as a .jpeg and save it somewhere that you can find it.

THEN, you go to http://imageshack.us/ and upload the file! Select the "Fourm" link and paste it into your reply on this forum, to test it, click Preview Post!

Either do this, or tell us all the info in cpu-z!

Comment

I don?t know if the best thing is to update the original post or post again. In doubt, here is the CPU-Z picture (thanks again to JamesWH):

Comment

Good News! Seems like your RAM is running at the right speed.

DDR3-1600 is your RAM, the actual DRAM Frequency is half of what RAM you have.

1600 divided by 2 is 800! Also seems like your timings are all correct too!

You say you have 3 sticks of RAM. It does say Duel Channel, meaning that 2 of the 3 sticks are in Duel Channel, and the other stick is in Single Channel. I believe that your RAM can go at Triple Channel, but it really isn't a big deal at all. I can't help you if you want Triple Channel!

Your Welcome,
        JWH

Comment

same board same memories (2x2gb F3-12800CL7D), with a amd X3 720 @ X4 3.6Gb

mems are in the blue slots, im looking advices to:

1333 1T: what timmings/voltage should i use ?

is 1600 2T better ? how i activate 2T in this mobo ?

what slots should i use

best regards
          Last edited by jeremypt; 01-21-2010, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Sorry!

This post says blah blah post cpu-z pics plz!
            Last edited by JamesWH; 01-21-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

im not the thread started, im just another guy ^^
              this is what i have

Comment

Ok! you need to change your timings to the timings that the other guy has.

Your RAM is currently at 9-9-9-24-33 1T
                Your RAM needs to be at 9-9-9-24-30 2T

To set these timings, go into the BIOS by pressing or holding down on the Delete key when you start up your computer. Find Timings and change them! After that, post pics of only the CPU-Z Memory tab!

Comment

my ram need to be at gskill values for this ram model:

1600 (12800) 7-8-7-24 2T at 1.65V. What i need to know, is: if i run mems at 1333 1T, what timmings/voltages should i use.

and, what is better for a amd, in terms of performance:
                  1600 2T or 1333 1T with better timmings.

btw, in this mobo, i dont found the option to disable CPC (command per clock) to allow 2T operation
                  Last edited by jeremypt; 01-21-2010, 11:41 PM.

Comment

lol. I thought your ram was the same as the thread starter. And I still can't find exactly what ram you have.

Due to what you said, these are the 3 products it comes down to.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=243
                    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=247
                    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=226

And none of these have 1.65V, that's what confuses me!

Also, "1600 2T" is way better.

Comment

damm, my mistake, mine are the F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=243

Comment

Ok, then your timings that you will need to set are 7-8-7-24 40 2T. And set the DDR/RAM voltage to 1.6V.

Comment

Thanks a lot JamesWH!

So my memories are really running at 1600 MHz, 9-9-9-24 right? These were the only changes i made in the mobo bios. Everything else is set to auto, including voltages. The 2T command rate is also the better setting, right?

Just one more doubt: what means the "Unganged" in the DC mode?

Thanks again,

Filipe.

Comment

Actually, before you made these changes to the timings and voltage, your speed was 666Mhz, or DDR3 1333. Now that you made the changed in the bios, take a pic of cpu-z's "Memory tab". You're going to want your speed to go to 800Mhz, or DDR3 1600. (Your ram speed is half of your DDR speed, like 1600 is 800Mhz.) As for unganged, it doesn't seem like a big deal. As long as your ram is running at the right speed..

Comment

Another question

Hi I also have the Asus M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard but have an AMD 965 Phenom II X 4 3.4ghz processor. I have the F3-12800 CL9D-4GBNQ which is two sticks of 2GBNQ. I don't have the "CPU-Z" program but mine came with AMD Overdrive which shows all the information. I got the speed set correctly but how do I now get my clocks into the 9-9-9-24 they are supposed to be? This is my first build and I'm not too smart about all these settings in bios. Any help would be wonderful

Comment

Working...
                              X