Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ not working at 1600MHz on GA-MA790GPT - Please help

I recently built a new system using the following:
    Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H mainboard (BIOS v. F3, which is the latest non-beta version)
    AMD Phenom II X3 720BE CPU
    4 GB (2x2GB) G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ DDR3 RAM
    Enermax Infiniti 720W PSU

I set the RAM to run at 1600 in the BIOS by following the settings posted in this forum posting (tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - CMD 2. Memory voltage should be set to 1.7V). The PC seemed to run fine, but after a little while I noticed intermittent crashes, sometimes from resume from Sleep and sometimes when running a game. After some troubleshooting, I ran Memtest86+ and it gave me a test result of several thousand errors after only 7-8 minutes.

I then tried adjusting the timings and voltages slightly a few times. This did not solve the issue as Memtest86+ still reported many errors when testing the RAM. However, when I returned the BIOS to run at AUTO settings (i.e. 1333MHZ) Memtest86+ found zero errors. after about 2 hours of testing.

From this testing, it appears that my RAM modules are not capable of being stable at 1600 for some reason.

Could someone please help me find a solution to this problem? I bought this RAM because it was registered as compatible/tested with my motherboard, and I'd like to run it at 1600MHz.

thanks,
    Anthony

*bump*

Is there a G.Skill moderator who can answer my question?

Comment

I have same issue

ya i was having that happen to... btw I have same ram as you ga-ma770t-ud3p mobo so Iturned off sleep never had a game crash though just a computer 1/2 turn back on btw I looked at sleep mode/power saver settings and says it turns off hard disk after 20 min so it might just be turning off are hard drive

about the errors try it with 1 stick at time on memtest86+ see if you have a bad stick then use other dimms see if you have a bad dimm

OS windows 7 64 bit
      Last edited by Rawrfail; 01-28-2010, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Check with AMD to see if your specific CPU can operate DDR3-1600. Sounds like that may be the issue.

To try to bypass this issue, you can try increasing HT Voltage to 1.40V.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X