Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSODs with F3-10666CL7D-4GBECO and Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H

Hi there!

I have assembled a new multimedia computer and I get random BSODs for a reason of files corruption (actually system files) and I get also random files corruption errors (when I try to run some application or open multimedia file). I have ran "Window Memeory Diagnostic" that showed a message that I have "Hardware problems blah blah blah...". So I have updated the BIOS to the latest version (F5), loaded "Safe-Fail" default settings, decreased the RAM clock to 1066Mhz, manually entered the SPD settings (9-9-9-24-33-2T-1.6v [I can't lower the voltage]), disabled any CPU clock callibration settings (C1E support, Cool'n'Quiet, etc.). But, still no luck.

System specs:
    CPU: Phenom II 550 (Not OCed)
    MB: Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H (rev. 1.0)
    RAM: 2x2GB G. Skill F3-10666CL7D-4GBECO (On SPD settings)
    Graphics Card: Asus EAH4650/DI/512MD2(LP) - Radeon 4650 Low Profile
    Chasis/PSU: Enermax Laguna 300W TFX PSU

I have also sent this problem report to Gigabyte's support, and I'm wainting for the answer.

What do you think is the problem?
    Sticks model compatibility? Some incompatible BIOS's additional default settings (Unganged mode, bank interleaving, voltage, etc.)?

For memory timings, do not use SPD. They should be set to 7-7-7-21. The reason why they are currently not working is because they are on the SPD settings. Let me know how that goes.

Try testing them individually to insure that neither is defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

After trying million combinations of bios settings and BIOS updates, I've found that the problem occures only on a "cold boot". To overcome this problem, when I turn the computer on, after the POST beep, I immediatly turn it off and turn it on again. I thought, that only me faces this problem, but now I can see, that many G. Skill customers have also the same problem. Do you suggest, to RMA the memory modules and ask for the new modules or to ask for more compatible ones?

Comment

Send them in for new replacements and the new kit should work fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X