Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl7d-4bgeco

Hi,

I have this RAM in combination with a ASUS P55-UD3R mobo.

The first set of 4GB ram works and I never had an issue.

I purchased 4GB more for a total of 8GB and that's when the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Bsods started to happen. I tried different configs in the BIOS based on the information I read here and I kept getting random Bsods. I tried re-seating the RAM several times. I ran both Memtest86+ and Windows Memory Diagnostic. Sometimes the Windows test would pass, other times it would fail.

I took out the old 4 GB, reset the BIOS to optimized defaults and still got a blue screen.

Right now, I'm running off the original 4GB and (crosses fingers) I don't have a problem. Is there something wrong with the new set of RAM I bought?

Anyone can help me?

Comment

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS. Once you enable the XMP Profile, it should automatically set the memory settings for you. Otherwise, make sure they are manually entered correctly.

Memory Frequency - DDR3-1600
      Memory timings - tCL 7 - tRCD 7 - tRP 7 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
      Memory Voltage - 1.35V

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT
      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

The voltage you are talking about is the DRAM voltage right? If so, yes this is exactly one of the setups I've tried.

Comment

I have the latest BIOS too (f4 to be exact).

Comment

What were the results of memtest? Did you get to test each stick or just the new set? Sounds like a stick may be defective, otherwise everything should run fine.

If memtest passes on both sets, try increasing the IMC to 1.30V to see if that will help. Also, DRAM Voltage should be 1.35V, my mistake.

Have you tried enabling the XMP Profile?

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Yup I'm using Profile1 of XMP. I didn't try the timings 7-7-7-24 but 7-8-7-24. Where exactly do you change the IMC?

All I have is QPI/Vtt = 1.1V
              PCH Core 1.05v
              CPU PLL 1.8v
              DRAM Voltage 1.5v (even though in the Advanced Memory Settings it says Profile DDR Voltage = 1.35v / Profile QPI Voltage = 1.1V

Comment

Update: I couldn't boot using 77724...I had to use 78724.

Comment

Set QPI/VTT to 1.20V. DRAM Voltage 1.35V should be fine as well. Have you tried testing each stick individually to insure neither is defective?

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

OK so I ran memtest using the xmp profile for 9 hrs at optimized defaults and got 0 errors. Not convinced since I went down this route before, I bumped up the QPI/VTT to 1.21V (1.20 was not an option in the list of voltages). The DRAM I didn't touch and left to auto. I ran memtest for about 7 hours and had no errors.

I haven't had a bsod yet. I'm going to work on the PC all day and see if it comes back.

Comment

Still no BSOD!

Comment

Got a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD today...so there is something really wrong.

What should I do?

Comment

Anyone? My 30 days are almost up with NCIX.

Comment

I had another blue screen and this time I ran memtest right away and got a bunch of errors. Around 2000+. I reset the machine and tested again and it was gone. This is so weird.

Comment

Go ahead and send those in for new replacements. The new set should work much better.

Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                              X