Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH + GA-MA770T-UD3P = Unstable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH + GA-MA770T-UD3P = Unstable!

I am currently having what seems like some kind of compatibility issue with my RAM and motherboard. According to the product page for F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH my motherboard is on the compatibility list. However, the voltage for this RAM is rated at 1.5v and my motherboard will only allow 1.6v and greater. Could you please give me a list of manual settings for my Bios?

RAM: F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH
    Motherboard: Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
    Last edited by Frosty; 01-10-2010, 08:29 AM.

Anyone? I'd really like to get this system running stable.

Comment

The minimum default is 1.60V, so simply leave it at that. Make sure to also set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1333. Memory timings should be tCL 7 - tRCD 7 - tRP 7 - tRAS 21 - Command Rate 2. Once that is complete, everything should run fine.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Those settings were the first I tried and the computer would still freeze. I currently have it set to 1.6v, 1066 and timings of 8-8-8-21-2T. This produces a much more stable system. Seems strange that I have to run my RAM at both a lower speed and latency though.

Comment

Yes, it is strange, have you tried each stick individually with the rated specifications? Do you have them installed in the correct slots?

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Well I only have 4 slots on my mobo and all are occupied. However, I have tried with just 4GB though, 2 sticks in the slots closest to the CPU and still the same problem. When I tried that I was running at the rated timings not the timings I have set now. Also, I ran memtest with all 8GB and there were no errors after 4 passes.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Sounds like the CPU and motherboard is not synching properly.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I'm using F5, which is the latest release.

Comment

What settings were you able to pass memtest with 8GB?

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

The settings I posted above:

1.6v, 1066MHz and timings of 8-8-8-21-2T

I'm really confused by all of this. I've tried increasing NB and SB/HT voltages slightly but it seems to make it less stable. At my current settings I can't seem to intentionally cause it to freeze and that's a relief. I need to do some more testing.

Comment

Does it run stable? That setting may be your best if the CPU can not operate them stable at DDR3-1333.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

It seems stable. As I said, I'll have to test it some more to confirm.

Comment

Working...
                        X