• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666cl9d-2gbnq

Mobo: Gigabyte P55M-UD2 ver. 1.01
    CPU: Core i5 2.66
    VGA: Radeon HD 4300

I am having a very strange problem with either this RAM, or the MOBO. Figured I would start here since the customer service for Gigabyte stinks.

I was attempting to install Windows 7 32-nit Ultimate, when I would get a BSOD right before it would being ins install. It was a "MEMORY-MANAGEMENT" error. I had never seen this before. Searched the web and decided to do a memtest86 n the sticks. I am running this in dual-channel, obviously, so i ran the test in dual channel. From what I could gather, it appeared that the sticks were coming up with thousands of errors. I new it could not have been right, so I ran the test one stick at a time. Tried both slots with both stick individually, and both came up clean as a whistle.

So i did a bit more searching, and decided to come here. I found a thread with similar sticks as me, and saw that some manual changes needed to be made. I did so, and wouldn't you know it, I got the sticks to work and installed Windows 7 flawlessly. I got the first updates for Windows 7 and turned off the PC for the night. I came back this morning, fired it up, and my PC was resetting right before log onto the desktop. The BSOD would only flash for a second, and i cant find a way to halt it so I can read it. I decided to use only ONE stick, and again, boots up FINE.

Am I missing something here? I feel like this is a Gigabyte issue, but I can not find squat on the web about the board having dual-channel issues. I am using BIOS F4, FYI.

Also, per this forum, I have adjusted the timings manually, fixed the tRFC setting from 74 (defalt) to 68, and CMD rate from 1 to 2 (which allowed me to install W7).
    Last edited by jaeelarr; 01-05-2010, 11:21 AM.

It appears that one of the sticks was indeed bad, even though memtest did not catch it as such. Sent for RMA.

Comment

Working...
    X