X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-2GBRM on Asus P7P55D

CPU: i5 750
    MOBO: Asus P7P55D
    RAM: 2x2Gb F3-12800CL7D-2GBRM (7-8-7-24)

I can run fine at stock speed and timings which is great for running my i5 at 4ghz (20x200)

I want to change to an setup using Turbo Mode which i have done but it means using a bClk of 170 giving me the choice of running the Ram at 1700 or 1360.

I have 3 questions

1. At 1360 how much can I tighten the timings?

2. How much do i need to loosen the timings to run at 1700? (i tried 10-10-10-30 and it wouldn't post)

3.Which would give better performance?

Thanks Gskill

Simply use rated timings at DDR3-1700. DDR3-1360 would not be ideal.

Try DDR3-1700 with 8-8-8-24, then lower them to see where they will error. Make sure to use 1.60V.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, i tried changing the timings to what you suggested and it wouldn't post.

So i took the clock back to 160 and it posted, went to 161 success, but went to 162 (ram at 1620) and it wouldn't (tried 1.6v and 1.65).
      I know i can get past post with the clock as high as 175 if i lower the ram speed so i know it isnt the cpu.
      Ive checked my board spec and it says it supports up to 2133 so dont think its the board.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Anyone had any luck running this kit at faster than 1600?

Comment

Sorry to bump but its been 10 days now... Is there any other information i need to provide?

Comment

Sorry to bump but its been another week and still no response, I know my question pertains to overclocking and so isn't really your problem so if you can't help and want me to go away just say so I can stop bothering to check back here.

Comment

Sorry about the delay.

What is your CPU Frequency? What are all the voltages set at? Let me know so I can see where it is lacking. Try enabling XMP Profile then simply raising BLCK to 170.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Same Issues Here

I don't wish to highjack this thread but I'm experiencing a very similar problem.

My setup is:
                CPU: i5 750
                Board: Asus P7P55D Pro BIOS 1002
                Memory: 2x2GB F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO (in slots A1 and B1)

I have ran the board at BLCK of 175 and 19x multiplier with the RAM below DDR3-1600 no problem (settings found by TurboV EVO).

I am just trying to get to BLCK=165 stable. When I try a BCLK of 160 and 161 it POSTS fine, however, at BLCK=162 or higher it will fail to POST. I have the CPU ratio set at AUTO which is effectively 20x. I have set the DIMM voltage to 1.6 and 1.65 with the ram timings and all other voltages on AUTO but still no luck with being able to POST. I have tried with everything on AUTO except for BCLK=165 and still no POST.

Turbo V EVO tried a setting of BLCK=165 but my system hung during POST.

Please suggest settings that will allow this RAM to overclock past DDR3-1600.

Currently, I'm able to run at a BLCK=165 but with the RAM running at DDR3-1285 or so. I have no idea why it fails to POST when set at DDR3-1650.

Comment

Enable the XMP Profile, then increase the BCLK and IMC Voltage accordingly to overclock the memory frequency.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                  X