• ASUS P7P55D + Core i7 860 + F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Dear gentlemen,

I bought a new computer 3 weeks ago with the following :
    ASUS P7P55D
    Core i7 860
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (Ripjaws)
    Asus Radeon HD4890
    Antec 750W

At the beginning I was able to setup XP Pro without problem. After one day use I had problem and BSOD's start to appear always at cold boot (reboot more than 5 times before getting stable).

I update my motherboard to the latest version each time a new one was available but it does not change anything. The problem always appear at boot and I use the debugger to catch info about the error. It was created by different prog but always when I start to load the system or start new tasks (firefox, i-tunes, jetaudio,...)

I put the setting recommend on G-skill web-site,
    9-9-9-24, 1.5 V and command rate at 2N, BOSD's are not gone.

I performed memtest it shows some errors (quite a lot). I guess one or both sticks are bad, any known bugs/problems with this configuration that would lead to a different conclusion from your side? A particular setting adjustements for this config?

Thanks in advance for your answer (and thanks to open this forum which really helps!)

Paul (Fr).

Try upping the voltage to 1.65v, perfectly safe for both you processor and memory.

Comment

Thanks for your answer Stevinchy.

Today I had opportunity to go to the shop where I bought the computer. They exchange me the two stick without discussion. I put everything in place again and looks stable (only two hours running now).

I put all the settings back to auto in the bios except the one about frequency (1600 MHz). What I noticed with those sticks is that the command rate (2N) has been recognized directly (1N with the previous set).

Stevenchy, in case of trouble I keep your info in mind.

PS : If somebody else has the same configuration and it is known as stable could he post his/her bios settings. Or somebody from G-Skill if experienced situation with this motherboard.

Thanks in andvance!!

Comment

1N or 2N will work fine. You can simply enable the XMP Profile and it will set everything perfectly for you.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X