No announcement yet.

GA-P55M-UD2 with F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM - ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P55M-UD2 with F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM - ?

Hello! Please help - I would love to keep this 2x2Gb kit! (see specs below)

I took advantage of holiday sales and purchased these DIMMs for my new PC (which was ordered and on the way - but I didn't know

which motherboard was installed)...

I found these (DDR3-1333 CL 8-8-8-24 1.5v) were "Compatible with Dual Channel Intel Core i5 CPU for P55 chipset motherboard, Dual

Channel Core i7 CPU for P55 chipset motherboard, and AMD AM3 Platform." I also checked the reviews and found someone with the

same processor (i7 860) AND with this same memory with great success.

However, the machine was crashing constantly. Updated BIOS to F5. Updated video drivers. With memory settings on "auto" I

thought I could simply add these and have 8Gb. I guess I can't mix? (or what are the settings to let me use both??)

Anyway, one original memory DIMM was bad. Took it all out and replaced with G.Skill; changed timing to 8-8-8-24 with rate=2.

1.5v is already the default... Could I have left the timing to "auto" and ONLY changed the rate?? Just curious.

Now the system *seems* stable - but in searching this forum, I found that checking G.Skill as well as Gigabyte - this doesn't

seem to be approved for this PC (?) although the Gigabyte doc says they only verify "some" memory modules...

Please tell me if this memory is OK on my system:

Intel Core i7 860 (2.8GHz)
    Mobo: GA-P55M-UD2
    BIOS: F5
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS250 1GB (driver: 8.17.11.9562 dated 11.20.2009)
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    not overclocking
    G.Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM (changed BIOS from 'auto' to 8-8-8-24; changed rate from '1' to '2')

Are there any other settings? Can I also use the original 4Gb?? (RMA replacement in progress on the bad DIMM.) It is DDR3 1333 2x2Gb CL 9-9-9-24

Thank you so much for your help (and patience!)

- Suzanne.

The memory package you purchased is indeed commpatible with that motherboard. The changes you have made in BIOS should be sufficient. You should also be able to add the extra 4GB without any issues.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X