How do i OC my memory to 2200 on evga p55 classified 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i OC my memory to 2200 on evga p55 classified 200

My ram is G.SKILL PIS Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2200 (PC3 17600) Desktop Memory Model F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS - Retail

http://gskill.com/products.php?index=251

Motherboard: evga p55 classified 200

Cpu: i7 860

what do i need to put my BIOS settings in as to get the 2200 speeds, i bought the ram because it shows that the evga classified 200 board(p55) was one of the boards tested, if i could just grab the bios settings i would be good, THANKS! -ryan

would you like to try XMP profile first?
    thanks

G.S

Comment

id rather know the exact bios specs to set. the ram is stated to run a speed and has been tested to run that on this board, so would like the same specs you tested at if not a problem please! and also do you think it is possible to get the speeds even higher than 2200, i believe the Mobo is 2800 capable

Comment

you may take these for reference:

G.S

Comment

thanks so much! do you have any settings for it to go higher and be stable? maybe like 2600? or do you not think that would be easy to do on this ram, thanks!

Comment

2600?
            I don't think it could reach that high with normal cooling
            and for overclocking, you'll need to try out yourself
            thanks

G.S

Comment

what do you personally think these can be O.C'd to? and for cooling i have 2 of the turbulence fans that come with these

Comment

This memory package will have no problems at DDR3-2400, but anything above will depend on your overclocking abilities.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

thanks for the info so far, any chance you could give me the bios settings in screen shots like you did for the 2200 only now with the 2400 so i could run both and try it out, thanks alot!

Comment

you could simply change the CPU frequency to 200 and Dram frequency to 2400
                    but you'll need to make sure if your CPU is able to run at FSB 200 first
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                    X