Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios Settings Asrock X58 Extreme

Hello,

can anybody tell me the best configuration for the Asrock X58 Mainboard working with a i7 920 CPU? I got 12 GB of DDR3 - 2000 G.Skill Trident
    I try to use the same as the Asus-Board, but in each configuration something runs wrong.
    Sometime the PC needs to start 3 times bevore getting startet to OC. The first time i start the PC setting everything to Auto they recognize only 6 GB. After relaunch 3-4 times it runs at 12 GB.
    Any idea?

Nobody? I mean, is there no Admin to reply?

Comment

Try reseating the memory, make sure they are firmly installed. Do you have the latest BIOS? Try enabling the XMP Profile to see if that will stabilize your system.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

No, that doesn?t work, i got the newest Bios 1.60 and i try to change the place for each RAM. No result. I normaly switch every point in Bios to "Auto", that?s the only way it works. If i turn on th PC he find 6 GB RAM. In OS i do a restart and he finds the 12 GB. In OS i try Everest Ultimate Edition. Looks like the RAM running at 533 Mhz so i think the Board can?t handle it. What do you mean with "XMP" ?

Comment

The memory should not be running 533MHz. Post screen shots of your BIOS so I can see if you have anything set incorrectly. In BIOS, there should be an option regarding XMP. If the XMP Profile is enabled, it will be able to set all the memory settings for you.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Fotoshooting

Bios 1
            Bios 2
            Bios 3
            Bios 4

I have changed it to "XMP Profile 1" and select the fitting RAM.
            First time starting he doesn?t start up until i switch the Reset-Button.
            After that he starts but only 6 GB like anytime. You see the System Overview.
            Last edited by tronswelt; 12-18-2009, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Well first, they are installed in completely wrong slots. They should be in A1 B1 C1.

Once that is done, the XMP Profile should work fine.

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

As he is running 12 Gb that would only be true if each stick was 4 gb

I assume that is not the case and that each stick is 2Gb therefore all slots should be populated and the screen shot should show this.

Assuming I'm right and you do indeed have 12gb (6x2gb).

Have you tried each stick of ram individually in each slot and also tried it with just 3 sticks 1st in each channel(they are colour coded)

I have read that the very earlier bios's with this motherboard exhibited the same problem with just 3 sticks in i.e only recognizing 2 in the bios with some memories.

Ian

Comment

Yes i have

12 GB (6x2 Gb). In the beginning i only have 6 Gb (3x2 Gb) and have placed it in the colored codet sockets, but the same as with 12 Gb, they recognize only 4 Gb at the first boot and if i booted 2 or 3 times the other Ram also boots.
                  that was the reason i bought the others so i have minimum 6 Gb, if some runs or not. If i?m lucky there will be 12 Gb.
                  Meanwile i think the Board is damaged and i have thermical errors, because of rebooting 2 or 3 times. I don?t know if i write the right words, because i?m german and my last holiday in english-spoken lands is about 3 years ago. But i think you will understand.
                  Maybe i?ll buy another board from Gigabyte, send the installed board back to seller and try the other one. I don?t think there will be a way to fix the problem, i?ve tried soooo much that doesn?t work. I hoped the timings from the Rams are wrong and here i will get the right ones, but that desn?t theme to be that easy.
                  I wish you marry Xmas !

Comment

Working...
                  X