Computer Freeze - F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Freeze - F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

Motherboard - EVGA P55 SLI 132-LF-E655-KR LGA1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
    CPU - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core
    RAM - F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH
    GPU- EVGA 01G-P3-N981-TR GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support
    -
    I recently upgraded my system to 64 bit vista from 32 bit and I am experiencing computer freezes when trying to start some programs. Two programs that it happens most often are Skype and WoW (and its happened a few times before ive even opened any programs). When I was on 32 bit vista, I had my memory in dual channel and had no problems. Ever since upgrading my computer will freeze with both sticks of RAM installed. It is a complete freeze that requires a hard reset.

I took out one stick of RAM and ran the computer and have no problems at all.
    I tested this with each stick and they both work fine independantly.
    When they are both installed at the same time (ive tested dual and single channel) they will freeze the computer always.

Is this a problem with my bios settings?
    I've played around with the settings a bit and ive tried voltages between 1.5-1.65 for DIMM
    and I've also tried running the memory as low as 800/1066/1333
    But it always seems to freeze.

I purchased this memory so that I could play around with overclocking in the future, but as of right now I would just like a stable system. Should I have bought lower grade?

Thank you for your help.

Try using the XMP Profile. In order to operate DDR3-2000, the CPU settings must be properly set as well to stabilize the system. If you could post up your BIOS settings or screen shots of it, we can take a look to see what you may have set incorrectly.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks!

I set it to the XMP profile which bumped up the ram to 2000
      then i made sure timing was 9 9 9 27
      And It works with no problems!

Comment

Working...
      X