Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RH vs RM

Hello.

Is there a real difference between the RH and RM versions of the same memory speed and CL?

e.g. [ Ripjaws] F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH (at 7-7-7-24-2) vs [ Ripjaws] F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (at 7-8-7-24-2).

The price difference is quite large between them (about 30$ here), but speed and timings are almost identical.

Does any of these sets better for a 4x2GB configuration? (In GSkill's site the RM version appears in 2x2 or 4x2, but the RH only appears in 2x2)

Thanks!

It would depend more on your motherboard rather than your memory. Either of the sets can be fine depending on the motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I'm thinking of Gigabyte P55A-UD3.

Also - why the price difference? Is 1 clock cycle in tRCD really has so much influence on performance?

Another question - can these memories work with 1 command rate?

Comment

the price difference is caused by different IC we used
        and you could try with 1 command rate, but the spec we guarantee is 2 command rate
        thanks

G.S

Comment

So the RH is aimed more towards overclocking?
          Could you write what IC is used in each set? (just to make sure I make the right decision)

Comment

yes, generally, RH is more easy to overclock
            for the IC, sorry, according to our policy, we can't tell that
            thanks

G.S

Comment

Ok, seems like I'll go for the RH version.

Last question: What is the height of this product? (in its highest point)

More specifically - does it fit with Noctua NH-U12P SE2 cooling on a Gigabyte P55A UD3 board, all RAM slots occupied with RIPJAWS (4x2GB)?

Comment

including the memory module, its height is 40mm
                thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
                X