Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P with Ripjaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P with Ripjaws

Can you please post best bios settings for the following motherboard and CPU:

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

AMD Phenom II X2 3.1Ghz (black edition)

DDR3 1600 Rip Jaws (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL)

Thanks

for AMD 770 chipset, we don't recommend you to install DDR3 1600
    as we tested, not every moptherboard with AM 770 chipset could run DDR3 1600, even with CL9
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Simply set memory frequency to DDR3-1600. Memory timings to tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2. Memory Voltage should be 1.50V. Once that is complete, everything should run smoothly.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have the same motherboard and CPU, but a different set of ripjaws. I have the F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM memory. I have read of the possible difficulty of getting them to work at the 7-8-7-24 timings until Gigabyte updates their BIOS. I am willing to loosen the timings to get the board up and running and stable.

Is it best to just try different settings or can you suggest settings that will offer the best chance for success (even if modest) right at the start? I may swap these out and put them in an 1156 motherboard with an i5-750 later, so I don't need maximum perfomance now with this AMD board.

Thanks for suggestions you can offer.

Comment

All other settings such as memory frequency and voltage can remain as specified for the memory package. The only difference is instead of 7-8-7-24 timings, you will need to use 8-8-7-24.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X